• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox takes over the Las Vegas Sphere 🟢#PowerYourDreams #Engagement #Xbox

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
1o5nh4i.gif

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I understand the point of the sphere but Xbox and Microsoft is lost if they don’t release a new gears of war now it could get ugly.

splattered

I remember saying "hmm I wonder if MS is staying somewhat quiet and reserved and holding back in different aspects because they want to appear weaker and get the Activision deal pushed through? Interesting that they almost immediately ramped up marketing just after the deal closes. I saw a really nice CoD "lobbies" commercial on YouTube yesterday too, had Xbox attached to it - not PlayStation.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Looks pretty amazing when they do the 3d effect where things seem to come out of the dome.

However, that thing is, IMO, both very cool and also shouldn't exist, just a waste of energy and it's not like the world was desperate for new ways to see adverts.

They could have just not bothered making it and CGI'd it into a bunch of youtube videos, since that's where 99% of people will see it.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Looks pretty amazing when they do the 3d effect where things seem to come out of the dome.

However, that thing is, IMO, both very cool and also shouldn't exist, just a waste of energy and it's not like the world was desperate for new ways to see adverts.

They could have just not bothered making it and CGI'd it into a bunch of youtube videos, since that's where 99% of people will see it.
Its for TwitchCon thats there in Las Vegas this weekend

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
That thing is huge, very bright.

I want to interest you in something:
This newly built Las Vegas sphere cost $2.3 billion and uses 150 terawatt-hours of electricity per year to power the massive screen
And people have the temper to tell me that physical games are trashing the planet?! 1 disc that is produced ONCE and stored in my home for next 50 years ?!
Also, an AD on the dome costs 500k.

So let me get this straight. They spent 70bil on studios + 500k this ad.
That's 140 RED DEAD REDEMPTIONS 2

Last edited:
That thing is huge, very bright.

I want to interest you in something:
This newly built Las Vegas sphere cost $2.3 billion and uses 150 terawatt-hours of electricity per year to power the massive screen
And people have the temper to tell me that physical games are trashing the planet?! 1 disc that is produced ONCE and stored in my home for next 50 years ?!
Also, an AD on the dome costs 500k.

So let me get this straight. They spent 70bil + 500k on studios and ad.
That's 140 RED DEAD REDEMPTIONS 2
DUDE!
Your talking about millions of people that come to Vegas just to sit at a video slot machine for hours.

I don't think Red Ded Redemption is on the mind.

As cool as it is… it took what… a week to become a giant ad?
That's the whole purpose of having a giant orb wrapped in LCD screens on the Las Vegas Strip. You think the massive electricity bills that thing generates pay themselves? I believe I read somewhere that they charge $500,000 per day to run your ad on it.

MarkMe2525

That's the whole purpose of having a giant orb wrapped in LCD screens on the Las Vegas Strip. You think the massive electricity bills that thing generates pay themselves? I believe I read somewhere that they charge $500,000 per day to run your ad on it.
Ticket prices for shows in there will make your eyes bleed. My parents went to the U2 show in the sphere. It looked like the coolest experience possible outside of VR, and I still wouldn't have paid those prices.

Top Bottom