• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox takes over the Las Vegas Sphere 🟢#PowerYourDreams #Engagement #Xbox

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Ticket prices for shows in there will make your eyes bleed. My parents went to the U2 show in the sphere. It looked like the coolest experience possible outside of VR, and I still wouldn't have paid those prices.
I had a friend and his wife go to the U2 show and he said they paid about $2000 a ticket but could cost as much as $10,000 for the premium seating

Alebrije

I had a friend and his wife go to the U2 show and he said they paid about $2000 a ticket but could cost as much as $10,000 for the premium seating
I will go to Sphere once they recovered most of invest and tickets for a show are 100-200 U.S. at much..Think will take 5-10 years for.that.

Meanwhile just enjoy it from.outside.

Iced Arcade

That thing is huge, very bright.

I want to interest you in something:
This newly built Las Vegas sphere cost $2.3 billion and uses 150 terawatt-hours of electricity per year to power the massive screen
And people have the temper to tell me that physical games are trashing the planet?! 1 disc that is produced ONCE and stored in my home for next 50 years ?!
Also, an AD on the dome costs 500k.

So let me get this straight. They spent 70bil on studios + 500k this ad.
That's 140 RED DEAD REDEMPTIONS 2
Damon Wayans GIF by Lethal Weapon

Ticket prices for shows in there will make your eyes bleed. My parents went to the U2 show in the sphere. It looked like the coolest experience possible outside of VR, and I still wouldn't have paid those prices.
It's a brand-new attraction everyone is talking about and one of the most famous rock bands of the last century, so I expected prices to be astronomical. Once the newness wears off in 6 months, I'm sure prices will plateau and maybe even decrease slightly.

Three

Looks pretty amazing when they do the 3d effect where things seem to come out of the dome.

However, that thing is, IMO, both very cool and also shouldn't exist, just a waste of energy and it's not like the world was desperate for new ways to see adverts.

They could have just not bothered making it and CGI'd it into a bunch of youtube videos, since that's where 99% of people will see it.
It attracts tourists I imagine.

Draugoth

Gold Member

This newly built Las Vegas sphere cost $2.3 billion and uses 150 terawatt-hours of electricity per year to power the massive screen
And people have the temper to tell me that physical games are trashing the planet?! 1 disc that is produced ONCE and stored in my home for next 50 years ?!

Companies like to create messages spreading false ideas that it's the consumers destroying the planet when it's in fact, most of the time, the opposite.

clarky

Gold Member
Pretty sure it was always meant to be that. Building it wasn't free, the owner wants return on investment.
Yep bet it cost a fortune to get an advert on it, look at the global exposure and when U2 tickets cost anything between $600-2000 at a capacity of 18,000, well do the maths.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Companies like to create messages spreading false ideas that it's the consumers destroying the planet when it's in fact, most of the time, the opposite.
yeah I am not a personal carbon footprint believer. Especially not with video games.
I 100% believe that producing and selling game once is better than running server farms forever

Zathalus

People complaining about Microsoft spending a measly $500k on an ad? It's not exactly a ton of money for most major corporations.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

Just think of all the CO2 emissions that could’ve been avoided if Square Enix euthanized Luminous Studios instead of creating Forspoken. Depressing if you think about it.

X-Wing

yeah I am not a personal carbon footprint believer. Especially not with video games.
I 100% believe that producing and selling game once is better than running server farms forever

Both are bad. Physical games do produce extra waste that needs to be handled. I also prefer physical but it’s undeniable it creates waste that sooner or later will have to be dealt with.

On the topic though. Pretty cool ad.

Last edited:
Marketing: $9,500,000,000,000
Acquisitions: $100,000,000,000,000,000
Phil Spencer Salary: $50,000,000
Paying off media people: $800,000,000
Game Development: $5

Someone who is good at gaming economy please help them budget this, their console is dying.

baphomet

Maybe instead of spending half a billion dollars on an ad you could try making good games to get people on Xbox.

I know Phil doesn't think good games are what gets people in your ecosystem, but it also sure as fuck isn't a giant eyesore that's going to get them on game pass.

Looks cool on that dome. So many things they can do with it to show ads or look cool like a baseball or basketball, eye for Halloween...etc.

Top Bottom