• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XDefiant is Officially Launching May 21

Sure it is...

Best of luck to them, although I feel they missed a perfect opportunity to dethrone Call of Duty last year but they delayed. I'm sure they had their reasons, but with the announcement of the new Black Ops just around the corner I'm not confident it will last long.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
RIP Call of Duty

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

now that thumbnail looks like Apex.... does this game have any visual identity? it seems is all over the place
All the factions are Ubisoft properties like Watch Dogs and Far Cry. You know they're going to charge a premium In the store to play Far Cry villains like Vaas.

I played both of the beta's and its not for me so I'm going to pass. For those who enjoyed it have fun.

Played on the recent test weekend and yeah it's not for me. Just didn't feel fun to play at all. Will be sticking with THE FINALS for my multiplayer fix.

IDappa

Why does every shooter have to be the same these days. Same twitchy sprint slide bullshit. It’s fun until you start to play 6 different shooters that feel the same. I just want a bf3 paced game with decent movement but not have to be on adderall to play. Even bf2042 felt like an apex clone.

It’s not even a skill issue, I do enjoy the type of gameplay but there isn’t anything the distinguishes itself from others. Shooters have just gone downhill. No variety in them. Just remember the good days of Vegas, ghost recon, bf…. Fuck I much prefer the older cod’s (2,3,4 mw2).

Just gotta stick with Squad and CS by the looks.

Last edited:

wipeout364

They're really sending this out to die, huh?
To be fair this is probably the best launch window as I don’t think there is much in the way of online multiplayer games launching now.

I do think they are going to have a real battle on their hands to get any bandwidth. People are really out of free time as it’s all used up on other games. I just don’t see what this offers that can pull people off other games to play it.

This will probably be another hyperscape.

Honestly Ubisoft should just be building out from siege rather than doing this stuff. With the money they have dumped into this they could have built a new siege client that would have allowed them to create a proper TDM and bring extraction into the main siege client. Then combine the battle passes and stores like COD does. That would be a massive project but to me would make way more sense.

lockdown2222

Neo Member
They're really sending this out to die, huh?
I agree with you. They wasted too much time and resources to make this anything. They may as well claw back some losses. I give it six months. Hopefully less. I want Ubi to continue to incur heavy losses until they break apart and sell their souls to someone else who will attempt to revive Splinter Cell. Yves is also an idiot. Let someone who knows what a video game is actually lead their direction.

Top Bottom