• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XDude - The System for the Part-Time Gamer

I barely have time for games. When I had the Sony systems it was like a monkey on my back. All the great games I owned and no time to play. I felt guilty for buying them, but whenever I saw new ones came out I bought them because I was excited at the chance of playing them.

With XDude its different. I only own Amped 2, Rallisport Challenge 2, and Halo. Thats really plenty. All three games offer gobs of replayability along with that quick pick up n play awesomeosity.

If you dont agree then you are wrong. Everyone brags about their big collections, hell, I used to. In reality its more of a curse than a blessing.

Fifty

By that logic (or lack thereof) you could pick 3 games you enjoy from any system and you'd be well of.

shpankey

not an idiot
roflmao.gif

Mrbob

Yes I am slowly becoming Xbox/PC exclusive for all my gameplaying time.

Good thing I bought my PS2 in Febuary so I could play EA games online.....! Oh well there is always MGS3.

evil ways

I agree, I bought an Xbox a few months ago, got Ninja Gaiden, KOTOR, Shenmue II and DOA3 and I haven't had the urge to buy or play anymore new games for it. I'm still looking forward to Doom 3 but the console just doesn't have enough games that get my attention for me to keep buying on a constant basis, unlike the PS2, which is fine with me.

Bog

Junior Ace
Saint Cornelius said:
If I heard anyone call the XBox a "XDude" in public, I would choke them. With my cock.

Going to be in San Diego anytime soon, MAF? :)

Better not come visit me any time soon.

Bog

Junior Ace
When I got Return to Castle Wolfenstein for Xdude, I actually went up to the counter (with my friend) and said "Yeah, can I have Wolfendudes for Xdude."

Bog

Junior Ace
Coot, I'm counting on you to keep the Xdude topics coming. Xdude must rule again.

Hellraizah

Xbox - the system for the part-time gamer
Xbox - the system for the hardcore gamer
Xbox - the system for the casual gamer
Xbox - the system for the sports gamer
Xbox - the system for the angry gamer
2004 - Year of the Xbox

Sounds all sweet to me.

Bog

Junior Ace
Hellraizah said:
Xbox - the system for the part-time gamer
Xbox - the system for the hardcore gamer
Xbox - the system for the casual gamer
Xbox - the system for the sports gamer
Xbox - the system for the angry gamer
2004 - Year of the Xbox

Sounds all sweet to me.

The what?

so let me get this straight. The Xbox is great to you because there's less games on it?

I haven't touched mine since the week Riddick came out.
:(

Bobster, you're actually the person I had in mind when I said that. Maybe you and MAF can get a package deal to come to beautiful San Diego? I have something that I'd love to show you both *cues Deliverance music*

evil ways

Saint Cornelius said:
Bobster, you're actually the person I had in mind when I said that. Maybe you and MAF can get a package deal to come to beautiful San Diego? I have something that I'd love to show you both *cues Deliverance music*

deliverance_2_17.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Hellraizah said:
I will NEVER bow down and call it an X****. Forget about this.

It's Xbox, and the Xbox fans are Xbots.

Better be carefull, I was banned for calling Xdude a stupid name.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I still need to buy an Xdude. Preferably before the end of September so I can redeem my free 12 month subscription to Xbox Live

Grifter said:
Who else is in for the Xdudes convention in SD?

I'm not down with that.

(but f'real, if you don't call it a fucking Xdude ever when I'm in you're presence, we should get a little San Diego-XBox-LAN action going!)

Grifter

Saint Cornelius said:
I'm not down with that.

(but f'real, if you don't call it a fucking Xdude ever when I'm in you're presence, we should get a little San Diego-XBox-LAN action going!)

This party suddenly got real shitty.

Speevy

Banned
Casual PS2 owners get home from their jobs and play Madden/GTA on some weekends. For that reason, your title is more fitting for the casual PS2 owner.

Hellraizah

Saint Cornelius said:
What about if you're a Gamecube fan as well? Then you're like some sort of mutant half-breed, eh
Xbox fans = Xbots
Nintendo fans = Nintendrones
Sony Playstation fans = PSyborgs

You can combine some :
Xbox + GameCube = Xdrones
Xbox + PS2 = Xborgs

Basically, you take the first part of the word for the preferred console
Xbox : X
Nintendo : Ninten
Sony : PSy

and you add the latter for the second preferred console

Xbox = bots
Nintendo = drones
Sony = borgs

You can mix and match to your liking, however, someone having 3 consoles that they like is something entirely different :

Xbox + GameCube + PS2 = Total Whore

fart

Savant
Saint Cornelius said:
See now, I tell you about fly Mexican joints to hit in S.D., and you return the favor by being an asshole
that reminds me, i lost that thread in the forum move and now i don't where to go to get burritos and shit

Pachinko

Xdude is a cool name for 2 reasons, not only does it sound nifty to say "I own an Xdude" but it can also be used to describe an owner of the system- xdude/xdudes , xdudes/dudettes etc.

I have to agree with mafs perspective on the games lineup. I mean if you look there are definetly plenty of decent games to play for the xdude but there are also a handfull of really great ones to go out and buy. Games good enough that you can stick with them for a couple of months and not feel guilty about ignoring a new release or 2. This is compared to PS2 where you get 1 good, not great game every month or 2 that isnt' compelling enough to get through so you keep buying a replacement game that you keep leaving unfinished. Call it backwards logic if you want but it works.

Mau_Mau

Banned
Consider me another part-time xdude. I sold off my PS2 & games a while back, mainly because I no longer had time and lost interest. Oddly enough, a few months later I was inexplicably compelled to pick up an xdude. I play about 1-2 games, about 1-2 hours a week. Microsoft really needs to capitalize on this growing market trend.

ElyrionX

Well, I would call it an "Xdude"......

In fact I think I'm going to start calling it an Xdude......

Oh yeah, and these days I just love my Xdude for the superior multi-platform games......

Top Bottom