• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 Announced (Not XCX, new sequel to XB, ACE music, 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

I'm iffy on the character designs, but the environments are still so on point that I'll probably end up thinking the game is a visual masterpiece regardless.

I hope you can change the main character out of those ridiculous pants/armor combo ASAP.

Almond

I'm a little disappointed this isn't the direct sequel to X, but I can't pass up on a new Xeno game.

They'll get to X's sequel next hopefully, or they're already working on it because I find it hard to believe this is coming out this year unless it was started sometime along with X. So I'm excited either way!

And people, as usual, are being super hyperbolic about the character designs, for both X and now 2. I don't really understand it. I loved X's designs, but these ones I'm not too sold on yet. They're not bad, like this girl
32129627682_e5d82b7946_o.jpg

looks really nice. While the main character looks just kind of boring/plain, like Shulk. They actually kind of remind of this artwork

Kunihiko Tanaka(?) did for the Xenoblade art book. It's more "cutesy" but still looks nice.

Overall, I'm still really excited about this. Everything looks great.

DJIzana

I think that odds are very good that X is connected to Xenoblade 1 and 2 somehow. There are simply too many teases of possible connections in X to ignore.

Now, if we make the major presumption that 2 and X take place somewhere in the same universe, just seperated by a massive time gap, we might still encounter some of the more mysterious things referenced in X. Perhaps the Vita might appear in some form, or the Ovah. Odds are also extremely high that one or more Telethia will appear, continuing their track record in the series.

I think you're entirely right!

MiiSeeks put out a new video. I like watching his videos. Lots of interesting theory behind it. Check it out for yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr9Gtr94_iY

And, lest we forget... I adore Xenoblade Chronicles as my favorite game, but its armor designs were, shall we say... unique....

It's so far beyond a breaking point for me that character style and design is almost a non-factor given just how amazing the rest of the game was.

As someone who's playing Xenoblade for the first time I agree that the characters models and their armours are hideous.

I can give them the benefit of the doubt that the actual character design may not be awful, but at least those designs didn't translate well to the actual game.

I like the new guy though.

anaron

I am a little bit disappointed that Kunihiko Tanaka is not returning as a character designer, especially because his rendition of Shulk and Fiora was fantastic. Also because I think his art style would be better suited for cel-shading.

That being said, I am glad to see Tetsuya Takahashi and Monolith Soft experiment outside of their comfort zone. And I actually like the red-haired female as evident by my avatar. >_>;

it makes me so sad that they finally go with cell shading and it's not to properly utilize Tanaka's amazing designs. :(

(though I think of what we have seen, XB2's look good)

I found these quotes about Xenoblade X from December 2015 while looking for Takahashi's comments on Monolith Soft's upcoming project:
It seemed as though this project was announced by Iwata as a completely new game series, so why did you retroactively make this part of the Xenoblade line?
Tetsuya Takahashi: So as it turns out, the idea of it being part of ”Xeno" was always there. I have to clarify a little bit because not in the sense that it's a sequel to the previous game but rather it is a new series that is still ”Xeno". That's how I was thinking of it.

Does Xenoblade Chronicles X have the same level of connection to Xenoblade Chronicles as say between a Xenogears and a Xenosaga?

Takahashi: It's maybe even a little more loosely connected than that, but yes there are a few links that you might be able to pick up on.

Nothing really surprising here, but Takahashi does consider Xenoblade and Xenoblade X to be separate "Xeno" series. So I guess it's possible for the team to make a Xenoblade X sequel later on if they want to continue the story in that series.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...cher-3-los-angeles-and-his-favorite-rpgs.aspx

Can't we call out Nintendo for having the conscience for lying through their teeth with the 2017 date?

It is not coming out this year and I think we all know that. It's also obvious that they want the launch period to look more appealing so they included that in there but it's such a obvious lie.

brad-t

Can't we call out Nintendo for having the conscience for lying through their teeth with the 2017 date?

It is not coming out this year and I think we all know that. It's also obvious that they want the launch period to look more appealing so they included that in there but it's such a obvious lie.

Maybe uh, we should wait to see if the game comes out this year?

random25

But...what if it really comes out this year?

Let's just wait for the official date. It's not coming out of launch anyway so I don't see the problem.

MomoQca

I'm beginning to hate the word "generic."
Honestly, I love the designs. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in this vast sea of anime-style haters.

redcrayon

What is going on with the main characters trousers? Has he got two footballs in pouches of material attached to his shorts, or is he wearing chaps? Looks really odd, like he's chopped the arse out of a jumpsuit for some reason.

Jashobeam

I'm still in disbelief that this is coming out this year. Along with Mario Odyssey and Zelda:BotW, this might be the best 1st year of any console IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom