• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
They did not introduced a
new race with a badass look reminiscent of the Luminoth + an Arms Manufacturer with badass armors sets
though a normal mission.

Ez9g0H7.gif

If someone has been exploring Noctilum and is at least Lvl. 26 then go and find Julius at the side of Blade Tower in the Administrative District and do the mission Rock Base Rescue Operation =3

EDIT: Weird, the wiki says that you need to have cleared Chapter 8 but I managed to do it after Chapter 6 =/

Just bought it and yes, it's that much better. Thanks!
Awesome! This is mine by the way =3

How I wish they make an amiibo line of the Skells T_T

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ahh ok guess i have some work to do in that place. thanks guys
If I were you, I'd start thinking about developing your ground game if you haven't already; no skell allowed leading up the getting her in the continent and it was pretty hard at lv 60.

Xenoboy

The quests man, they are so fun. I did not expect the quest with Suriella, Clemons and Lara Nara take the turn it did. And props to Lara Nara on how he handled the situation too.

El Odio

Banned
I didn't realize till like 120 hours later that the MC does have conversation with some other characters after battle, I chose Adam's voice so I coincidentally always thought it was Phog or Gwin talking about it something futile, didn't realize it was the MC until I had neither were at my party lol
I noticed this when I was pretty sure L was referring to my characters voice when he pointed out the British accent.

Wagram

Almost done with the last of the affinity quests. Not a chance i'm wasting anymore time on the incredibly boring normal missions.

I will say though, that Water Plant is cursed.

Fandangox

I noticed this when I was pretty sure L was referring to my characters voice when he pointed out the British accent.

What did he say? For some reason I only have trouble hearing whatever my character says after battle as opposed to everybody else who I can hear just fine.

boiled goose

good with gravy
I didn't realize till like 120 hours later that the MC does have conversation with some other characters after battle, I chose Adam's voice so I coincidentally always thought it was Phog or Gwin talking about it something futile, didn't realize it was the MC until I had neither were at my party lol

Happens to me to.

I think it's because the character is silent during cutscenes so you have no idea what they sound like.

I wish they had at least added voiced yes and no.

Did the "Prone Sweet Prone" mission last night. That was a nice change of pace because when you get that mission there's no way you can do it without stealth. I failed a couple of times because my stealth broke because my combat target went out of range (FYI you need to make sure you always have someone targeted within range when using Shadowrunner).

Stealth? I guess it's stealth when I'm out of range firing with my skell gun from a distance while the 3 AI charas are out in the open slashing at the target with the key.

exfatal

If I were you, I'd start thinking about developing your ground game if you haven't already; no skell allowed leading up the getting her in the continent and it was pretty hard at lv 60.

Oh yeah im going ot work on ground game, was doing the deviant quest and was getting steam rolled

Malus

just started playing this game last night. holy mother of fuck this game is big

I was actually expecting it to be bigger based on what people were saying pre-release, particularly NLA. Still pretty huge though.

finished chapter 9 and these fucking garbage quests NEVER END, I finish one "pls gather X and X", "pls find information about X in this yellow area it's so fan such smart design" and 5 more become available.
time to stop giving any fuck about side-quests.

Sidequests are pretty much all I'm doing right now lol. Finished Chapter 9 like 15-20 hours ago and I don't know when I'll pick up chapter 10.

Finalow

finished chapter 9 and these fucking garbage quests NEVER END, I finish one "pls gather X and X", "pls find information about X in this yellow area it's so fan such smart design" and 5 more become available.

Oh yeah im going ot work on ground game, was doing the deviant quest and was getting steam rolled

If anything, you can always abuse the Ramjet Rifle's TP gain for an infinite OD build. Works even better if you have the Quick Reload skill. I'm actually trying to wean myself off of it. >_> Green Art -> Furious Blast -> insta 30 on the OD meter. You can then use Burning Flame (Purple art) to regain some TP and then you should have enough meter to just range auto attack back to back fast or at least to get you back to 3000. Hit the OD button again and use the Green art -> Furious Blast again. Really effective at maintaining an OD for crazy damage ( though nowhere near as crazy as other builds ).

Riki

Side quests exist only to give you slight boosts in XP and Affinity. Nothing more.
Affinity Quests and Missions are better uses of your time.
But you should still have a bunch of gather quests anyway since you'll likely complete them along the way.

Kadin

is there any way to get insurance points back?

after using the salvage tickets it's still at 0.
Best to give it to a companion or sell and buy a new one. The repair cost is the same amount as what you can get for selling it so better to buy a new one to get 3 insurance back.

Just be sure to remove any gear you bought for it that you wanna hang onto.

jgwhiteus

So what's a good place to level from 58 to 60?

I just got my Ares90...and I'm not high enough level to use it lol.

Pretty proud of doing that in just under 65 hours though.

At the end I just did "Joker" runs to get any characters who hadn't reached 60 yet to the finish line...
go to the Divine Roost in Noctilum, at the very top of the map, and then fly inside of the huge flower there. There's a level 90 tyrant bug inside, surrounded by level 60 minion bugs. If you have the "Phoenix" skell weapon start off with that to clear out the level 60 bugs, then go at it with your skells, though you might have trouble hitting him if your accuracy is on the low side - for some runs I had to get out on foot to hit him with my main character. Killing the group pretty much always gives 9999 experience, and then you just fast travel to reset and repeat.

Golnei

Lara N/Mara is so unnecessary. Even if he's not the worst NPC in the game, I'm not sure it was the best idea for him to exist.

TheMoon

just a heads-up. OT2 will be a condonsed version of this OT will basically just the links to stuff like that map above and the "how-to" guides and the spreadsheet from caaaawww and stuff like that. without all the blablabla inbetween :)

Plum

just a heads-up. OT2 will be a condonsed version of this OT will basically just the links to stuff like that map above and the "how-to" guides and the spreadsheet from caaaawww and stuff like that. without all the blablabla inbetween :)

Have we decided on a name yet? If not, here's my chance!

... I got nothing.

I don't think so. Most people just give their Skell to a teammate or sell it (after removing all of the gear) after you use up the last insurance usage.

Best to give it to a companion or sell and buy a new one. The repair cost is the same amount as what you can get for selling it so better to buy a new one to get 3 insurance back.

Just be sure to remove any gear you bought for it that you wanna hang onto.
IIRC, you want party skells to have at least one insurance point left or else they will still cost you repairs. Once you hit zero, best to strip the gear and sell it for scrap. Of course, best not to let it hit zero because you do have to repair it at least once to salvage all your shit.

chadboban

Man, 20 hours in and I can't believe how much fun I'm having just running around on foot even without a skell. I thought I'd be in a hurry to get one but honestly, on foot exploration is so damn good I'm in no rush at all.

Some screens I've taken so far

Malus

Man, 20 hours in and I can't believe how much fun I'm having just running around on foot even without a skell. I thought I'd be in a hurry to get one but honestly, on foot exploration is so damn good I'm in no rush at all.

On foot exploration feels like how the game is designed to be played. The Skells are just a neat way to unlock more areas.

jgwhiteus

Lara N/Mara is so unnecessary. Even if he's not the worst NPC in the game, I'm not sure it was the best idea for him to exist.

Yeah, his character's appearance / mannerisms kinda got a side-eye for me... on one hand it's cool that there's a diversity of characters, but he appears to be the only gay-coded one and seems like an old-fashioned stereotype.

Though I did find it funny that you'll hear a random male NPC fretting over not going out with him when he was asked out.

Also, props to the translation / voice-acting team for striking a balance between keeping (what I assume to be) the original character's mannerisms and speech without pushing it over the top - I was surprised
when you finally hear Lara Nara's voice actor in HB's affinity mission that they'd chosen someone with a distinct voice who nevertheless didn't go for the stereotypical speech pattern indicated by the dialogue.

No it's 65, I did it recently so I'm pretty sure about it

Man, I thought it was 80 too, probably because that's the info floating around the web from the strategy guide, so I spent a heck of a lot of time opening treasure boxes and fighting random tyrants to get there... I mean, I guess that's good to do anyway, but if I'd known it was 65 I wouldn't have had to put in as much effort.

TheMoon

Have we decided on a name yet? If not, here's my chance!

... I got nothing.

Useless, I warned everyone I will mess it up again :p

Don't get your hopes up. It might be worse than the current one :D

I'm kinda enjoying this lol

Thank you for taking gorgeous hudless shots WHILE NOT BEING <OFFLINE> :p

Zafir

How do you get the other search missions to unlock on the board? I've done Nine Lives, and I need a Dog for some of the Heart to Hearts but no matter how many times I check the board, it's not listed. I'm pretty far into the game too, just before chapter 11.

Just so I understand correctly, the Division Support Effect doesn't actually affect my player character or party, right? Its only meant to buff other online players who I group with?

R.D.Blax

Man, I thought it was 80 too, probably because that's the info floating around the web from the strategy guide, so I spent a heck of a lot of time opening treasure boxes and fighting random tyrants to get there... I mean, I guess that's good to do anyway, but if I'd known it was 65 I wouldn't have had to put in as much effort.

At first I read we needed 85% too, but I thought it wasn't right, so I double checked with CAAAAAAAAAAAW spreadsheet, and it was indicated 65%. So I just got up to 65 and tried, and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom