• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xiaomi OFFICIALLY reveals new gaming Mini PC 'Mini Host' at todays event. $525, 16GB expandable RAM (up to 64GB), Iris XE, 512SSD, i5, Windows 11.

xiaomi-computer-mini-foto-4.jpg

xiaomi-computer-mini.jpg

Aluminum body​

However, this is not harmful. Similar to Apple, we also have here aluminum body, which on the one hand looks very elegant, on the other hand aluminum dissipates accumulated heat better.
The front is home to a pair of USB 3.2 connectors, an audio jack and a power button. From the side, only the densely arranged cooling grid can be seen. At the back, connectivity is richer and we can find 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2, 1 x USB 2., 2 x Thunderbolt 4 ports, 2 x HDMI 2.1, a classic LAN connector and a DC power connector.

Sufficient power​

On the hardware side, here we find a processor from Intel, specifically the type Core i5—1240P. He cooperates with 16 GB RAM a 512-gigabyte SSD NVM PCIe 4.0 storage. The graphic side is represented by a chip intel iris xe. The RAM memory can be expanded to a maximum of 64 GB.

Xiaomi Mini Host can handle less graphically demanding games as well as proper office work. However, the advantage is the support for connecting an external graphics card via Thunderbolt 4.0 connectors. The operating system is Windows 11 Home Edition. The equipment also includes Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.3.

So the previous leaks were not entirely off I would say they were about half right, the biggest things they got wrong imo was the rumored Ryzen 9 and VR discounts and it being 3x smaller than the leaked photo.

The Mini PC named Mini Host will feature a current gen i5, 16GB initially that's expandable to 64GB instead of the 64GB by default that was rumored in the "leaks" last time, Intel Iris XE, external GPU support, 512SSD, and can fit in the literal palm of your hand as pictured above. Of course, it runs on Windows 11, and it also has a lot more beneficial ports than expected given it's size.

Based on the above and the build quality the $525 USD converted price is actually not that bad, and Xiaomi is quick to lower prices across the year so it wouldn't surprise me that it may hit $500 or lower sometime next year.

Xiaomi appears to be going for a modular and upgradable design instead of a closed box with little wiggle room, which is generally unusual for small devices this size. That's probably be the biggest standout for the more hardcore PC crowd. For the general populous you get a comparably powerful, small, expandable Mini PC for $525 USD. You can add-on to it based on what your needs are.

I would say throughout the year this is the best of these by far to have released, in terms of power and features to price ratio.

They released an image comparing the size to a more expensive larger desktop with similar specs,
006mZuRsly1h903e6kl51j30u0140mzo.jpg

Last edited:

Mercador

I have an Iris "GPU" in my laptop, it's a bit impressive to say the least, I can play Civ 6 easily. But I would never play competitve FPS on that kind of GPU.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
They went with Intel? I can understand if they were including a custom GPU or a dedicated GPU, but iGPU? AMD all the way.

Solid for non gaming purposes though.

What happened to the PC that was revealed that was actually good?

[/URL]

The leaks were (mostly) wrong. Which is funny considering they were chinese insiders that would have had knowledge of work orders and the goings on at the manufacturing plants since that's where all the stuff is produces. It also may be Xiaomi threw people off that image of the "leaked" pc may have been a prototype perhaps.

But this is still impressive for the size, given that it's much smaller not much room to make it much more powerful than it already is since it can fit in the palm of your hand.

I suppose they could have put a GPU in there instead of Iris but apparently Xiaomi approached Intel to help them work on the PC so that threw out the chance of AMD being inside. They even have mention of it with graphics in the 4th image on the bottom right corner.

kubricks

Gaming? What gaming have they had in mind with an IrisX??? Solitaire?

And with that size good luck with the thermo.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
You could get RDNA2 with 768 cores for some dollars more at the same size as this one, and comfortably run PS4 level games at 60 fps.

Poppyseed

The leaks were (mostly) wrong. Which is funny considering they were chinese insiders that would have had knowledge of work orders and the goings on at the manufacturing plants since that's where all the stuff is produces. It also may be Xiaomi threw people off that image of the "leaked" pc may have been a prototype perhaps.

But this is still impressive for the size, given that it's much smaller not much room to make it much more powerful than it already is since it can fit in the palm of your hand.

I suppose they could have put a GPU in there instead of Iris but apparently Xiaomi approached Intel to help them work on the PC so that threw out the chance of AMD being inside. They even have mention of it with graphics in the 4th image on the bottom right corner.
There is absolutely nothing impressive here for the size. In fact, there’s pretty much nothing to see here at all. There’s loads of SFF PCs on the market already.

tommib

What’s with these Xiaomi paid ads on the gaming section for a thing that doesn’t even have a dedicated GPU? I’ve never seen threads like these until recently. Why is this more relevant than any other mini-pc in the market or even the fucking Mac mini.

Last edited:
When you realized casuals only play Genshin Impact, Fortnite, Valorant and what ever region based MMO pleople play in their country, this is enough.

prebuilt PC will always be a thing.

//DEVIL//

Meh, you need 4 of these to play returnal.
You wish. these GPUs are rubbish.

They are ok for simple games like street fighter 5 at fhd 60 frames ( not even sure if max settings ) but when it comes to something like retunal or fast games or heavy games? yeah this thing will die before it reaches the main menu

baphomet

You wish. these GPUs are rubbish.

They are ok for simple games like street fighter 5 at fhd 60 frames ( not even sure if max settings ) but when it comes to something like retunal or fast games or heavy games? yeah this thing will die before it reaches the main menu

This thing doesn't have a GPU.

It won't even run fortnite on the lowest settings at stable 1080p/.60fps

//DEVIL//

This thing doesn't have a GPU.

It won't even run fortnite on the lowest settings at stable 1080p/.60fps
umm of course it does, IGPU, integrated with the CPU. those are ok for low-basic gaming. it will run Fortnite since that game can run on a potato.

If there is no any GPU, you won't have anything on the screen. maybe bios if you are lucky lol.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Gaming? What gaming have they had in mind with an IrisX??? Solitaire?

And with that size good luck with the thermo.
Intel NUC beanlake played forza 4 at 720p at a locked 30fps.. pretty impressive for a pc the size of an apple

Last edited:

Tams

Similar specs my arse.

There's zero special about this. Xiaomi have broken any ground here (if anything, it's yet another damn copy).

You're on the border of coming across as a shill OP.

Last edited:

kubricks

Intel NUC beanlake played forza 4 at 720p at a locked 30fps.. pretty impressive for a pc the size of an apple

I have an Acer thin laptop bought about 2 years ago or so running Iris-X, it was bought so I can work portably and run 2D AutoCAD. Yes it can run old games at 30fps while struggling with stutter and what not, but calling it a "gaming pc", even "mini" at that, is a huge stretch.

What Xiaomi presents here is nothing new, the size isn't particularly small either. If I take away the monitor and keyboard from my old laptop I beat the volume of the hardware is just the same with this thing.

I honestly don't know how those gaming stress test on youtube are done, I can never run any game as smooth as those in youtube video stating the hardware I have is capable of lol.

What’s with these Xiaomi paid ads. I’ve never seen threads like these until recently
across as a shill OP.

There's either an intelligence failure here, if there was any, where you guys are pretending the only threads you've seen on this topic were the only ones ever posted despite an easy to use search function showing that there are multiple threads on these types of PC's.

Or you guys are just intentionally fabricating without much reason.

I'm assuming you mean Horizon 4, that's actually decent for integrated graphics. I wonder how that handles Fortnite, that's probably what this is for, along with other applications.

Last edited:

tommib

There's either an intelligence failure here, if there was any, where you guys are pretending the only threads you've seen on this topic were the only ones ever posted despite an easy to use search function showing that there are multiple threads on these types of PC's.

Or you guys are just intentionally fabricating without much reason.

I'm assuming you mean Horizon 4, that's actually decent for integrated graphics. I wonder how that handles Fortnite, that's probably what this is for, along with other applications.
Please go back to selling burgers. MacDonalds probably pays you more than Xiaomi:

Top Bottom