• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Yahtzee Croshaw] Alan Wake 2 | Fully Ramblomatic

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Escapist is one of the best business suicides I've seen in a while. It's like they took a lesson from Unity on sinking your own ship.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Not the most memorable name, but I’m glad he’s still doing what he’s doing. ZP was always a fun 5-minute laugh.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oh, I didn’t realize that “Fully Ramblomatic” was apparently a thing Yahtzee had been doing since before ZP. I guess there’s some cyclical history there. In any case, I’m glad the blokes who got the shaft at the escapist are bouncing back so quickly. I don’t really care enough to support their Patreon, but I wish the lads all the best.

So maybe I've been out of the loop, but do we know what happened to the Escapist yet? I know like all of their employees walked out on the same day. Have we heard what caused it?

bender

What time is it?
The name certainly isn't as catchy and the music is somehow worse but it's good that Yahtzee didn't skip a beat.

With how community funding driven the Escapist has been, I'm a little surprised the split from the Escapist didn't happen sooner on their own terms but like Yahtzee said in the video, there is something comforting about a consistent paycheck.

So maybe I've been out of the loop, but do we know what happened to the Escapist yet? I know like all of their employees walked out on the same day. Have we heard what caused it?

Nick was fired for not meeting business goals. All the staff quit in protest and they formed Second Wind.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Is it still just cinemasins of gaming or does he bring real critique with the new content.

Not gonna watch unless otherwise

Last edited:

BbMajor7th

I'm pleased for these guys. Great to see them striking out on their own getting out from under the corporate umbrella.

Is it still just cinemasins of gaming or does he bring real critique with the new content.

Not gonna watch unless otherwise
He's a real critic who addresses the positives and negatives of the game with the flavor of his personality added. He cares about narrative in games and makes sure to place roughly equal focus on the story and gameplay in his reviews. He's my favorite game critic.

Top Bottom