• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza: Like A Dragon Has Sold 1.8 Million Copies Worldwide

YakuzaLikeADragon-1.jpeg

SEGA and Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio have announced that Yakuza: Like A Dragon has sold 1.8 million copies worldwide.

In terms of sales, the action-RPG moved 400,000 in its native Japan and sold an additional 1.4 million overseas, which is impressive considering at one point the franchise barely made a dent in the US and Europe. Yakuza: Like A Dragon is also a major turning point for the series, as it ditches the arcade brawling for street fights and replaces it with turn-based combat similar to a JRPG.

[Source – SEGA]

Go_Ly_Dow

Awesome stuff. I remember when this series sold so poorly overseas fans had to practically beg and they would cut out mini games just to save on translation costs. (just noticed after typing this that the quote in the OP says the same thing lol)

8153+WE7UAL.jpg

Never forget.

Last edited:

IAmRei

This game series is basically what i imagined when i was in rpg era. What if my life is turn based rpg, and such back then. I'm glad i can play this series, full of wild things yet still quite fun. Also im glad if the sales are great these days. This series need to be known even more.

Zheph

I quite enjoyed 7 but I think there is too much content in 8... it's a weird criticism idk but it feels severly bloated for me and I struggle to enjoy it all (keep in mind that I like to do 100% completion)

Hudo

How much money did they make off of charging players for NG+? (I like the game a lot but I won't pay extra for NG+, fuck you, Sega)

Caio

This Game deserves all the great sales it's having and more. Congrats Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio !!!

Bkdk

Love the main cast, also I love how RGG manage to make even all the randon hawaiian white blonde girls look so attractive, it gives purpose of the camera mode. However they really need a change in the story direction, make yakuza truly yakuza and not all this help yakuza to be good person in society crap, it's such a boring and uninteresting main objective. Despite overall finding this game enjoyable, if the story direction is helping yakuza to be normal legal citizen again, I really don't think I could be hype for the next titles.

Top Bottom