• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You Have Bad Taste In Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy787

Banned
I'm all for elitist pricks, as long as they're funny, and right. And this is typically the case, as they are smarter than you.

I like being an elitist prick.

Ceros

I know that most "popular" music is kinda trashy unoriginal and basically a carbon copy of something vintage and classical, but wtf if people wanna listen to crap let them listen to it. Don't push your elitist attitude on other people, because most of the time it's not gonna change their mind and second of all it's pointless. If someone likes Nelly....more power to em. As long as they don't come blastin "Flap your wings" in your ear, why should you give a fuck what other people listen to and how crappy it is? I mean you might be thinking, why must <insert your favorite underground underrated artist here> not get the props and fame they deserve because of <insert crappy mainstream artist here>, but the music industry is not a fair mistresss and niether is life. So it's really a moot point pushing the whole "my opinion is fact" concept. Didn't that angle get played enough already by that whole Maddox site??

Jonny said:
Actually, I hate about 95%.

Wow, I'm not alone??? Can we be friends??

Leon hit it right on the head.

You CAN find something to like in modern and popular music. I like Linkin Park, their hooks sound great and their lyrics are nice and aggressive. As long as they keep making music I enjoy I'll keep buying their records. Are they as tight and timeless as a band like Metallica? No they are not and I don't put them in the same catagory at all.

Another thing is that most bands for the young are too old for them to get into and because of that they just take what is current and sounds fresh to them. Throw peer pressure into the mix and there you go.

Someone like Christina gets popular because she does have a good voice, good looks, and I hear her stage show is excellent. Sure the songs are derivative but most of the business of music is visual and not audible. KISS could be guilty of the same thing as their music is very safe and hardly top rock or metal quality yet they put on a look of danger and wow the audience with a matinee style gore show.

Elvis is a great musician but I only ever knew 1 person all the way through my school years who admitted that he liked and listened to Elvis.

Triumph

Banned
As The Final Arbiter of Good Taste, I must endorse this fellow's website and all content on it. He is correct, and if you disagree with him you are not only incorrect but have bad taste as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom