• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite Playstation console ?

What is your favorite Playstation console?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3YWHBf5.jpg

PS: Guys, before you vote, stop and take a deep breath. That done, remember the games on the 4 platforms.

Be careful not to get carried away by the impulse of the present.

Now you can vote!

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The original big boi PS3 that played PS1, 2 and 3 discs, since it's the most Playstation. Posers will forget this and put 1 and 2 over 3.

Also, no-one could steal it, because it took three men to lift.

playstation-3-launch-model-photo_1920.0.jpg

Last edited:

Calverz

In terms of looks it easily goes to the PS2 for me. That design is timeless i think.
Im terms of software and generally corporate attitude etc. Then the original Playstation for me. Sony were so good back in the early days. We’ll see how PS5 fairs.

Calverz

The original big boi PS3 that played PS1, 2 and 3 discs, since it's the most Playstation. Posers will forget this and put 1 and 2 over 3.

Also, no-one could steal it, because it took three men to lift.

playstation-3-launch-model-photo_1920.0.jpg
That actually looks so good. Another ken kutaragi classic. I bet its scratched to fuck now though lol

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
That actually looks so good. Another ken kutaragi classic. I bet its scratched to fuck now though lol

Yeah, not mine, sadly mine died after years of service and there was nothing we could do.

Well, I was at university at the time, so once it was dead we got wasted and threw it out of a four story window.

Kokoloko85

Its hard. I go back to PS1 games more then PS2. Those JRPG’s.

But PS2 was amazing. but then PS3 gave me Demon Souls, Uncharted 2, Dark Souls, TLOU etc

But Also PS4 gave me Bloodborne, God of War, Sekiro. RE2 remake. Horizon, Uncharted 4 etc

I cant choose lol. Depends on the day

PS2 for me. I was mid teens and the games were fantastic. It took what the PS1 did and just bumped it up that bit more to the point I remember thinking "WOW" straight away and loved the releases on it

• Bully
  • Burnout
  • Timesplittters 2
  • WWE Here comes the Pain
  • Ico
  • God of War
  • MGS 3
Loved them all and it really ignited a passion for those types of games as it took the PS1 foundations on some of them and built on it.

Calverz

Yeah, not mine, sadly mine died after years of service and there was nothing we could do.

Well, I was at university at the time, so once it was dead we got wasted and threw it out of a four story window.
Hahaha i loved uni days for shit like that

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
2 or 4. Got in on 1 very late in the gen(was a sega kid), 3 wasn't great until the end really.

Picked 2 because it was the last time I lined up for an instore launch, peak of gaming really.

Banned
Console PS2.

but if we include handhelds it's the PSP
I was so hyped for that thing that I imported a Japanese launch version because in Europe it came out way later, which back then was still very normal.

I had every major revision (minus the E1000 model...) and still have and love my PSPgo

and I do have some nostalgia for the PS1 since it was my first home Console, I only had a GB Pocket before that.
but realistically the PS2 was just way better.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

I think it was Playstation 3 to be fair. It started pretty bad, but turned out really good by it's end, and in my opinion considerably better than PS4.

PS3 had all the 3rd party support with the introduction of titles like Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 and Far Cry 3, but it also had tons of exclusive titles that were REALLY good and solid games such as: Resistance franchise, Killzone 2, Uncharted 1 to 3, The Last of Us, InFamous, Motorstorm, Metal Gear Solid 4, Warhawk and God of War 3.

Basically, it was a console that introduced Sony's best franchises to date or had one of the best titles from an ongoing franchise.

God of War 3 is the best in the franchise imo, and much better than 2018's GoW.
Metal Gear Solid 4 is the perfect end the franchise needed (I still think MGS V was unnecessary).
ND managed to make 4 great games in one generation, introducing both Uncharted and The Last of Us.
Insominac managed to deliver 3 Resistance games.
Killzone 2 was one of the best first person shooters I played (although 3 and Shadow Fall didn't even reach the surface)
Motorstorm and Warhawk were pure fun.
And Sucker Punch delivered InFamous 1 and 2, and both of them were much better than InFamous SS.

PS4 is an awesome console, but it definitely didn't manage to deliver so many good games as PS3 did back then.

Last edited:

TexMex

Honestly incredibly tough. The difference in enjoyment from one console to the next is measured in tenths of a point. I went with PS2, but almost arbitrarily.

Hudo

Gold Member
Sony PlayStation 2, easily. PlayStation 3 and 4 are incredible letdowns in comparison.

Last edited:
Top Bottom