• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"You're a WHAT!?" Nier Gestalt|Replicant |OT|

Gvaz

Banned
Genjikage said:
Question: I did a few sidequests in part one (cant remember how many) is there enough sidequests for the trophy in part 2?
I think no. You have to do all the sidequests in part 1 otherwise they're missed.

If you mean just getting Go-to-guy, you have to do most of the sidequests, at least 30.

Diebuster

Genjikage said:
Question: I did a few sidequests in part one (cant remember how many) is there enough sidequests for the trophy in part 2?

There's more than enough in part 2 so you're safe for the trophy.

Erekiddo

I screwed up not realizing that the quests in the 1st part of the game would be unattainable after a certain point.

Concentrating on fishing is tedious, but can net you a handful of successful quest completions if you're desperate.

0 HP

do you have to do the dlc in one sitting? i saved (when they prompt you to) and when i came back, i only had one door cleared. isn't this thing like 45 levels or something?

abasm

do you have to do the dlc in one sitting? i saved (when they prompt you to) and when i came back, i only had one door cleared. isn't this thing like 45 levels or something?

Nope. You get a new door after completing the fifth and tenth stages. You can use those doors as checkpoints. The last set of 5 is brutal, so you'll need it.

0 HP

Nope. You get a new door after completing the fifth and tenth stages. You can use those doors as checkpoints. The last set of 5 is brutal, so you'll need it.

is each door 5 stages then? i got the second door, turned it off, and i only had one door again when i came back.

0 HP

beat the dlc

spoilers:
nothing really happens; the 3rd door is probably a good place to grind for exp and money, but i haven't played the main game in a while so i could be wrong. nice music though.

edit: i don't think its that hard if you aren't against burning through your items. the last bit i had to use recovery potions (100% healing) every hit

Holy shit this game is getting good. I just got to where you see go to Emil's house for the second time and
you find out about his sister
. The story has really picked up, what an awesome game.

1stStrike

Banned
Holy shit this game is getting good. I just got to where you see go to Emil's house for the second time and

It gets even better. While this thread may not get a lot of activity these days, it's still awesome to see people still playing the game. Nier is totally going to be a cult classic.

Foxix Von

I'll go ahead and echo what everyone else is saying because it's true.

It really does only gets better from here on out and EVEN better again once you replay it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
In this case it's because tinypic was banned from gaf. If you change the ****** in the links to tinypic dot com, the pics are still hosted there. A lot of OTs must have gone down the drain.

In this case it's because tinypic was banned from gaf. If you change the ****** in the links to tinypic dot com, the pics are still hosted there. A lot of OTs must have gone down the drain.
Aww, crap. I'll rehost on a different imagehost when I get the time.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
"I have already lived, for far too long."

tumblr_lu6hvzf89i1qcx52bbl.gif

jcm

Well, the OST has been pulled from the US itunes store for some reason. I wish I would have bought the whole thing when I had the chance. I only got 5 tracks. I can't find anywhere to buy the rest. Anyone know of a store I'm missing?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Well, the OST has been pulled from the US itunes store for some reason. I wish I would have bought the whole thing when I had the chance. I only got 5 tracks. I can't find anywhere to buy the rest. Anyone know of a store I'm missing?
Whoa. Seems to be all Square-Enix albums, I just searched for The World Ends With You to no avail.

Probably something that will be cleared up and everything will be back up soon.

So I bought this yesterday after reading about it here multiple time. I'm now in the 2nd half of the game and in the junk heap. This game is amazing. The characters, the music, the story. I'm sad that I didn't play it earlier, but I did pay $12.99 at gamestop, so I guess that's good.

1stStrike

Banned
So I bought this yesterday after reading about it here multiple time. I'm now in the 2nd half of the game and in the junk heap. This game is amazing. The characters, the music, the story. I'm sad that I didn't play it earlier, but I did pay $12.99 at gamestop, so I guess that's good.

Glad you're liking it. As has been said many times in this thread make sure you do NG+ (you start at the second half of the game) at least once to get a huge amount of extra story. Well worth it.

Glad you're liking it. As has been said many times in this thread make sure you do NG+ (you start at the second half of the game) at least once to get a huge amount of extra story. Well worth it.

Will do. I just beat it and got the 1st ending. What a ride, I can't wait to see the other endings.

Hesemonni

Banned
Everytime I see this thread pop up I'm genuinely glad that new people get to experience the game. I also get the urge to replay the game, but I also know that I'd just end up weeping in the corner in fetal position because of the beauty of it. :'(

Diamond

It's been a while since I played Nier but if I remember correctly this is where

Roc sees his master before he dies during the second playthrough?

If so, feels were definitely had. :(

That's right. Man, this scene...
Don't watch if you haven't played the second playthrough guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL0wYbX8yrw#t=21m30s

Jeez, when it's all over and you get the screen saying you have got the Cerberus key, that's like a victory where you've lost everything at the same time. Love what they've done with simple gaming tropes.

1stStrike

Banned

Jeez, when it's all over and you get the screen saying you have got the Cerberus key, that's like a victory where you've lost everything at the same time. Love what they've done with simple gaming tropes.

Ah man, that scene was so sad the second time around. I remember the anger I felt the first time, and they did a complete 180 on me the 2nd time. I totally teared up.

Yes, that's exactly the feeling that I had during this scene. It was like a kick in the pants, like how could I accept the
key
after what had just happened.

That's the beauty of this game.
It forces you to rethink everything, everything you thought you did was for the sake of goodness, but in reality...

Everyone was fighting for their own reasons. There was no good or evil, just misunderstanding, that's why I think this game is so beautiful.

I think Nier is better than most if not all of the AAAAAAAA blockbuster games I've played, just because it made me think and feel different things, which those other games failed to do.

Everytime I see this thread pop up I'm genuinely glad that new people get to experience the game. I also get the urge to replay the game, but I also know that I'd just end up weeping in the corner in fetal position because of the beauty of it. :'(

Lol same. I love when this thread gets bumped because someone else gave it a chance and loved it. No game this gen deserves more of a chance by any self respecting rpg fan.

Top Bottom