• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys X Nordics CLE Steam Port for South Korea and China Delisted; CEO Apologizes for Ys X Nordics PC Port, Opens Full Refunds; Patch is in the Works

GJO0IcVbIAAiGlZ

Via NoisyPixel

Publisher Clouded Leopard Entertainment has officially delisted its Steam port of Ys X Nordics. The game can no longer be searched for in the store and cannot be purchased. Strangely, the DLC can still be bought, which costs roughly $88 USD collectively.

The publisher’s latest blog post on Steam acknowledged the various issues the title was facing.

Some user reviews note how this PC port of Ys X Nordics seems to run poorly on all PCs regardless of how strong one’s is. Additionally, Windows apparently even flagged the game as a virus in a few instances. 29% of the user reviews are positive, resulting in a Mostly Negative response.

It’s worth noting that this will not affect the upcoming Western PC port, as this will be handled by a different team, PH3 GmbH.

Following publisher Clouded Leopard Entertainment’s delisting of Ys X Nordics on Steam, CEO Yuen-Yuen Chen posted a message to fans apologizing for the port’s quality. He states that their “quality control measures were not up to the high standards rightfully expected from us.”

Since launch, the team has been working on addressing and improving the port’s issues, but their efforts have not been at the pace they’ve aimed for. Still, they are working on fixing these problems promptly. Yuen-Yuen Chen emphasizes that they are taking steps to ensure that this does not happen in the future. Those who purchased this version of Ys X Nordics can obtain full refunds.

HoaU5yR.png

Oh no, I know his team does a damn great job. It’s just weird to me that there’s two completely separate versions by different teams depending on what country you live in.
Ah, yeah, you're right. I think it's because NIS & Falcom have signed separate localization & publishing deals for those 2 markets. They've also gotten Ys X Nordics way before the west.

Last edited:
Top Bottom