• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YTD: PS5 14.5 m; NSW 9.91 m; X/S ~ 4.15 m

zedinen

Shipments

(January-September) 2023

PS5 14.5 m

NSW 9.91 m

X/S ~ 4.15 m

x5wHrzZ.jpg

CZwkPgu.jpg

iG2Y7t7.jpg

LTD

NSW 132.46 m

PS5 more than 46.6 m

X/S ~ 22.7 m

OwNfMEm.jpg

4K2BIo6.jpg

MdIBBN8.jpg

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Xbox sales down by 24% this year? That's absolutely brutal.... Consoles usually sell best after being three years on the market when there's been one or more price cuts and the software library has expanded significantly. It's a pretty bad sign when sales are slowing down significantly, that should happen only at the end of its lifetime.

onQ123

People can spin how they want but the whole Xbox Series strategy (hardware, software) was a colossal failure. Compared to this XB1 was a resounding success.
It Was Written

33Bv5zw.png

Darsxx82

Shipments

(January-September) 2023

PS5 14.5 m

NSW 9.91 m

X/S ~ 4.15 m

iG2Y7t7.jpg

LTD

NSW 132.46 m

PS5 more than 46.6 m

X/S ~ 22.7 m

MdIBBN8.jpg
I love Neogaf.

The OP uses Welfare as a reference or source of the estimated data for XS and then invents LTD sales estimates for XS even though in its same source (Welfare) indicates 25-26 million shipments 🤗🤗
What should we take?

PS. MS itself estimates that it will sell similar to XBO in the leaked docs. I don't understand how the XS sales situation is still a surprise to anyone....

Last edited:

Crayon

Don't claim the one did better when it is the box that did this damage. Back before you had 2-4 semi redundant platforms at all times, did you ever get stuck with the "wrong" console? Did you bet on the same horse when the new generation came?

onQ123

Don't claim the one did better when it is the box that did this damage. Back before you had 2-4 semi redundant platforms at all times, did you ever get stuck with the "wrong" console? Did you bet on the same horse when the new generation came?

Yeah but what about PS4 recovery after PS3 & Switch recovery after WiiU?

Right now Nintendo is on fire assuring that people will want to pick up the next Nintendo console .

PlayStation 5 is so hot that a PS5 Pro might even set the world on fire.

Xbox isn't making people hungry for the next Xbox & this is what they did at the end of last generation they let the buzz of Xbox One X die down so fast that only fan boys thought that they was going to really compete with PS5 this generation.

It wasn't because of Xbox One it was Xbox themselves.

Sanepar

Shipments

(January-September) 2023

PS5 14.5 m

NSW 9.91 m

X/S ~ 4.15 m

x5wHrzZ.jpg

CZwkPgu.jpg

iG2Y7t7.jpg

LTD

NSW 132.46 m

PS5 more than 46.6 m

X/S ~ 22.7 m

OwNfMEm.jpg

4K2BIo6.jpg

MdIBBN8.jpg
Wellfare is creating number from his ass trying to inflate Xbox numbers.

They sold less in 2022 and even less in 2023. There is no chance they are around 26 million. At best 23.

Crayon

Yeah but what about PS4 recovery after PS3 & Switch recovery after WiiU?

Right now Nintendo is on fire assuring that people will want to pick up the next Nintendo console .

PlayStation 5 is so hot that a PS5 Pro might even set the world on fire.

Xbox isn't making people hungry for the next Xbox & this is what they did at the end of last generation they let the buzz of Xbox One X die down so fast that only fan boys thought that they was going to really compete with PS5 this generation.

It wasn't because of Xbox One it was Xbox themselves.

All good points. In the PS3 to PS4 situation, I would say that PS3 owners were satisfied in the end. It was really the first year after it's released that looked dire, they had a strong finish with the software, 80 million sold. There was of course the following announcements of systems that played a big factor not to do with the experience of the previous system.

As for the Wii u, this is admittedly a stretch on my part, but if I had to guess it would be that so few people bought it that not enough were burned.

And in the end, as far as Microsoft just sucking at this, that does go for the one generation and lots of people that felt burned.

While i don't think PS5 can hit 25 million for the fiscal year it definitely has a reasonable chance to hit 25 million for the calendar year, a 10.5 million Oct to Dec quarter will get it there. If we compare January to September 2022 to 2023 then you would expect PS5 to be up and the ageing Switch to be down but not Xbox to be down like it is.

Jan to Sep 2022 and 2023

PS5 :
7.70m and 14.50m - up 6.80m
NSW : 10.79m and 9.91m - down 0.88m
XBS : 5.40m and 4.20m - down 1.20m

Last edited:
I mean, I’m not surprised seeing as Xbox didn’t bother to release a next gen console. I’ll never forget launch day when I received my series x. I unboxed that sucker and I thought, wow this a great unboxing experience. Then I booted the console and it was the most underwhelming experience ever to say the least.

Once Spencer started sharing his plan that all Xbox games would come to pc, I was out. No point in buying a console if it doesn’t get exclusives. Just moved to playing the games on pc.

Mr.Phoenix

I love Neogaf.

The OP uses Welfare as a reference or source of the estimated data for XS and then invents LTD sales estimates for XS even though in its same source (Welfare) indicates 25-26 million shipments 🤗🤗
What should we take?

PS. MS itself estimates that it will sell similar to XBO in the leaked docs. I don't understand how the XS sales situation is still a surprise to anyone....
So you are one of those holding onto that hope that Xbox is doing well?

Here's a hint, a very simple way of looking at this stuff, if it were doing anywhere near as well as the XB1 (not even mentioning 360), sales figures wouldn't be such a guarded secret.

this is so obvious that it shouldn't have to be said, but there is only ONE reason a platform holder will not talk about sales.

Woopah

While i don't think PS5 can hit 25 million for the fiscal year it definitely has a reasonable chance to hit 25 million for the calendar year, a 10.5 million Oct to Dec quarter will get it there. If we compare January to September 2022 to 2023 then you would expect PS5 to be up and the ageing Switch to be down but not Xbox to be down like it is.

Jan to Sep 2022 and 2023

PS5 :
Xbox being down more in its third year than Switch in its seventh year is crazy.

Mr.Phoenix

Jan to Sep 2022 and 2023

PS5 :
yeah, would be nice to see calendar year totals for the PS4.

Top Bottom