• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoo Tycoon - Creating a Lion Habitat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6TkXXPB57E

Looks decent.

Bonus list of all animals in the game...

List of Animals

Lions (7) – Asiatic, West African, Transvaal, Masai, Barbary, Congo, Katanga
Tigers (6) – Bengal, Sumatran, Siberian, Indochinese, Malayan, South China
Bears (13) – Grizzly, Kodiak, Himalayan Brown, Tibetan Blue, Syrian Brown, Gobi, Olympic Black,
Kermode, Polar, Cinnamon, Glacier, Formosan, Himalayan Black
Elephant (6) – African Bush, African Forest, Indian, Sri Lankan, Sumatran, Borneo
Rhinos (8) – Southern White, Black South Western, Northern White, Eastern Black, South Central
Black, Indian, Javan, Sumatran
Hippo
Giraffes (9) – Reticulated, Masai, West African, Angolan, Rothschild, South African, Thornicroft, Kordofan, Nubian
Chimps (5) – Central, Western, Nigeria-Cameroon, Eastern, Bonobo
Antelope (10) – Addax, Lowland Bongo, Gemsbok, Nyala, Roan, Topi, Sable, Scimitar Oryx,
Bushbuck, Pronghorn
Komodo Dragon
Nile Monitor
Perentie Lizard
Lemurs (4) – Ringtailed, Red, Ruffed, Red Ruffed
Capuchins (4) – Black, Golden-Bellied, Tufted, White-Headed
Binturong
Red Panda
Sloth (2) – Brown-throated three-toed, Pale-throated three-toed
Mongoose (2) – White-Tailed, Banded
Fossa
Meerkat
Iguanas (2) – Lesser Antilean, Green
Reticulated Python
Boa Constrictor
Yellow Anaconda
Flamingos (3) - Greater, Lesser, American
Peafowl (2) – Indian, Green
Galapagos Great Tortoise
Macaws – (6) Blue and Yellow, Great Green, Military, Blue Throated, Scarlet, Hyacinth

V_Ben

Banned
No joke, this game is fucking AWESOME. Played it at Eurogamer and it was so good, even in an early state.

J-Tier

No joke, this game is fucking AWESOME. Played it at Eurogamer and it was so good, even in an early state.

Yeah? I'm basing my opinion on the snippet that's in the video. How does it work? I really like micromanaging the enclosures and the contents within, as well as forming my own paths...

Marleyman

Banned
Xbox One first party lineup is straight up more impressive than PS4's.

image.php

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Looks like a mix between the original Zoo Tycoon, and Frontier's earlier work on Thrillville (which I very much enjoyed). Maybe a little shallow but definitely fun. Really looking forward to it. Is this footage from Xbox One or Xbox 360? The controller icons are coloured which makes me think 360, but why on earth would they show the 360 version?

VXLbeast

Having not seen this game since playing it on Win 98, I was impressed by that video. Sort of figured it had stagnated.

I think the way you just set down the habitats with auto-built paths saps all the fun out of it.
Same here. Though I will not deny being influenced by sim-envy, as I won't be getting an Xbone.

There are way too few decent sim games out for consoles.

V_Ben

Banned
Yeah? I'm basing my opinion on the snippet that's in the video. How does it work? I really like micromanaging the enclosures and the contents within, as well as forming my own paths...

Paths were automatic in the level I played, but it was managing my animals' happiness levels that really got me. Gotta keep those lions content, otherwise I can't rank up as a Zoo! You get to control stuff in the enclosures, like food and water stalls, so it's all about balance. Best part of the game is the button that summons your zoo keeper cart, and let's you blaze through your zoo, as pedestrians jump out of the way. Hilarious.

I seem to remember the buttons being coloured like that in the Eurogamer demo, Stump.

ascii42

I think the way you just set down the habitats with auto-built paths saps all the fun out of it.

Using a controller to make paths generally sucks, so I understand why they did that.

So this is $50 for the 360? I'm not sure I'll want to spend that, especially not the week after the PS4 comes out, but I'll definitely have to pick it up at some point.

Looks like a decent minisim for the wife, she got a good 10 hours out of Funky Barn so she should love this even more. Is it out on 360 soon too? Should be a cheap pickup for Christmas.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
List of Animals

Lions
Tigers
Bears

Oh my!
(wonder if that order was an accident)

The game's looking good. Glad to see some sort of alternate creative game instead of the usual shooty stuff.

Stuart444

I'm still so sad that this game isn't on PC :(. I love ZT2 on PC... oh well, maybe I'll buy it on the 360 since I'm not getting a XBone (at least for the foreseeable future)

Jeels

It's titles like this that really flesh out the next gen library. :( Would have loved to pick this up but can't. Love tycoon games.

The fact that you can't build an exhibit from scratch makes me so sad. That was my favorite thing to do in the prior games. Maybe they'll make a version for the PC that actually requires creativity...

The fact that you can't build an exhibit from scratch makes me so sad. That was my favorite thing to do in the prior games. Maybe they'll make a version for the PC that actually requires creativity...

They've built it for consoles, its not a PC game, I doubt it will come to PC in its current form anyway.

I don't mind the exhibit stuff, perhaps you should have been able to choose shelter styles, trees etc but I'm not bothered about it too much. They want to aim it at a young audience that won't want to do the building stuff.

I didn't like the second but still enjoy the first Zoo Tycoon so if I want that stuff i'll just go back to that.

Looked pretty stable in this video.

Eurogamer was buggy and low frame rate, I tried to wash an elephant and it bugged out on me, the guy reset it and I went to play something else.

On the Xbox One tour it was clearly a newer build much smoother and better to play, I got to wash a baby elephant too :p

Have they announced downloadable content yet? More animals, decorations, themes, etc.

Can't wait!! My daughter and I are gonna have a blast

Skeff

Definitely picking this up on 360, my most anticipated XB1 launch game and fortunately it's cross gen xD

It's one I'd def still get if my son were younger but not sure if he'd click with it now

It does look complex enough to engage anyone though to be fair. Looks very pretty.

Munin

Looks fucking soulless. Like why the fuck is the GUI like the Win 8 Metro shit? And the graphics look so drab and devoid of life. Seems like you have got pretty little freedom too. No thanks

Top Bottom