• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Batgirl’: Brendan Fraser To Play Villain In New Warner Bros. And DC Pic Starring Leslie Grace

ManaByte

Gold Member

AP21170123052503-e1635183355100.jpg

Brendan Fraser is set to join Leslie Grace in Warner Bros and DC Films’ Batgirl. Though not confirmed sources believe Fraser would play the supervillain Firefly in the pic. Jacob Scipio also recently joined the cast with Grace on board to play Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl. Bad Boys For Life directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah are helming.

reksveks

There was a giantbomb video on the brendan fraser story.

Yikes, what happened to him!?

But from Wikipedia

The stunts Fraser performed in his action roles eventually required him to undergo several surgeries over a period of seven years, including a partial knee replacement, a laminectomy, and vocal cord surgery.

Fraser alleged in 2018 that he was sexually assaulted by Philip Berk, the president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, at a luncheon in the summer of 2003. The assault, his subsequent divorce, and the death of his mother launched Fraser into a depression that, combined with his health issues and a backlash within the industry over speaking out against Berk, he believes caused his career to decline.

BlackM1st

Banned

But from Wikipedia

The stunts Fraser performed in his action roles eventually required him to undergo several surgeries over a period of seven years, including a partial knee replacement, a laminectomy, and vocal cord surgery.

Fraser alleged in 2018 that he was sexually assaulted by Philip Berk, the president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, at a luncheon in the summer of 2003. The assault, his subsequent divorce, and the death of his mother launched Fraser into a depression that, combined with his health issues and a backlash within the industry over speaking out against Berk, he believes caused his career to decline.
Bruh. That's rough. Poor guy. He's one of my all time favorites...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just read up on Wikipedia. No wonder he looks like hell, he lived through it. And the #MeToo stuff just goes to show how one-sided the whole thing is. A woman speaks up, people rally for support. But God forbid a man speak up, nothing will get done and he’ll get slammed. I fucking hate Hollywood at times.
It's always been a hypocritical and politically weaponized altruistic farce with select targets. The only one that stuck true to the roots and not to the cult, was Rose McGowen, she surprised a lot of people.

Last edited:

reksveks

It says right there in the Wiki article, and it’s all over Google. He might not have been slammed in the way I use it, but he was effectively ‘cancelled’ for speaking out, and basically accused of lying about it.
By the guilty parties whom were trying to do the same to the other women and men that previously raised the same issues, right?

This whole comparison of the treatment of victims is missing the point which is guilty shits got away with it for so long and the system that enabled that.

Star-Lord

By the guilty parties whom were trying to do the same to the other women and men that previously raised the same issues, right?

This whole comparison of the treatment of victims is missing the point which is guilty shits got away with it for so long and the system that enabled that.
Why are you acting like I’m saying the whole #MeToo movement should be ignored?

Edit: I’m not even going to indulge this conversation further. It’s not relevant.

Last edited:

reksveks

Why are you acting like I’m saying the whole #MeToo movement should be ignored?
I am not saying that's your position. I am just saying that the comparison of the treatment of victims by other third parties isn't helpful. Brendan Fraser should have been treated better just like many other women and men before him.

A woman speaks up, people rally for support. But God forbid a man speak up, nothing will get done and he’ll get slammed.
The people raising the support and the people slamming the man are different, right? If so, what's the point in comparing the two situations and the behaviour of the two different groups of people.

Also happy to end it here as well. All hail Rick O'Connnell.

Enjay

Banned
Also if anyone has hbo max I'd strongly advise to not waste your time watching doom patrol. It starts off with promise but goes full blown netflix original before the first season ends and without spoiling anything the next 2 seasons were killed dead in the name of subverting the audience expectations.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The guy filmed through the pain of multiple injuries and surgeries that didn't completely fix his health issues, then got hit with one of the most unfair divorce cases I've ever even heard of. Let the man be fat and happy - glad for him that he's getting more and more work lately.

Tschumi

Getting fat and losing your hair age you fast as hell as a man. If he was thin and still had a full head of hair he’d still be handsome.
I guess he's that fat because he's shifted his addictions from drugs to food or something

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

But from Wikipedia

I knew about the injuries and surgeries but not the assault... WOW! He always seemed like a good guy. I hope he keeps on getting work. He's the best thing about Doom Patrol... Him and Negative Man.

jason10mm

Gold Member
He seemed to be in better shape for Doom Patrol. And damned if he wasn't in the first DC live action nude scene I can remember in the pilot.

Kenpachii

freaking loved the mummy, absolute zero flying fucks where given about batwoman, but probably will pay a ticket to support this guy.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
"A laminectomy is a surgical procedure that removes a portion of a vertebra called the lamina, which is the roof of the spinal canal. It is a major spine operation with residual scar tissue and may result in postlaminectomy syndrome. Depending on the problem, more conservative treatments may be viable"

This guy had That One. WTF.

Top Bottom