• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Simpsons’ Co-Creator Says Homer Will Keep On Strangling Bart: “Nothing’s Getting Tamed”

ManaByte

Gold Member

James L. Brooks told People: “Nothing’s getting tamed. Nothing, nothing, nothing … He’ll continue to be strangled — [if] you want to use that awful term for it. He’ll continue to be loved by his father in a specific way.”

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
dario argento GIF

Doom85

Who Cares Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Bruh, just let the series end. If they had just gone out with the movie, the show might have had some dignity left despite already having some shit seasons by that point, but now it’s just sad. It’s irrelevant if something like this is still present or not because the real issue is the show isn’t funny anymore and is too stretched out.

The Simpsons for me is Seasons 1-10 and the movie. I know some shit on 9 and 10, but it still has some funny episodes to me. Season 11 though was mostly bad, and 12 just ended my patience when Homer got sexually assaulted by a panda, like WTF.

dave_d

Who Cares Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Bruh, just let the series end. If they had just gone out with the movie, the show might have had some dignity left despite already having some shit seasons by that point, but now it’s just sad. It’s irrelevant if something like this is still present or not because the real issue is the show isn’t funny anymore and is too stretched out.

The Simpsons for me is Seasons 1-10 and the movie. I know some shit on 9 and 10, but it still has some funny episodes to me. Season 11 though was mostly bad, and 12 just ended my patience when Homer got sexually assaulted by a panda, like WTF.
It's like SNL in that way. If people keep watching it'll stay on the air way longer that it really should have ever been. (Admittedly I thought the "The Joker" parody on SNL was funny but it's about the only funny thing I've seen from them in years.)

Doom85

Yeah, I doubt anyone actually cares outside of those annoyed they have to be reminded the show is still going, and those just looking to get angry about something regardless of its relevancy.

Blade2.0

I would be fine with them sunsetting that joke. It honestly opens up meant other joke avenues. Heck, have a whole episode dedicated to him trying to do other things when he wants to choke bart.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
As I mentioned in the other thread, the joke was specifically about the stupid line "times have changed", there was no chance he'd stop strangling bart obv.

bitbydeath

I started re-watching a while back and just got through season 26, that whole season is a banger. I don’t know what the later seasons are like but there’s still a lot of good newer episodes out there.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I started re-watching a while back and just got through season 26, that whole season is a banger. I don’t know what the later seasons are like but there’s still a lot of good newer episodes out there.
Yea it started getting better around then. I binged 29 and 30 when D+ added them and there’s some good stuff now. The new showrunners aren’t bad. Last year’s Treehouse was awesome.

Mossybrew

I'm trying to recall the last time I watched an episode of the Simpsons and it's probably been about 15 years. I used to enjoy the treehouse of horror episodes the most, but it was never one of my favorite shows.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Homer going to clown college is still my all-time favourite episode.

homer-simpson.gif
"Burn that seat"
I doubt it was original but the - I'm seeing double, four Krusties - line was perfection.
On the topic of the newer episodes, my kids recently started with the very first episode and we had it on in the background of foreground through every single episode, and there is still plenty of quality laughs in the later episodes. It is definitely nowhere near as good and they recycle, revisit, rehash, re-imagine etc a lot of earlier episodes and plot points but it still has some quality one-off joke writing.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
You just said you've never watched it and then you're commenting on the quality of it.....
I never said it was bad, I said Band of Brothers was the best. That is all. No opinion on the Simpsons quality. But you sound like a Simp Son.

poodaddy

I never said it was bad, I said Band of Brothers was the best. That is all. No opinion on the Simpsons quality. But you sound like a Simp Son.
But....how can you know how Simpsons ranks without watching it?

Ya know what, we're good. I grew up in TN and lived in WA for over a decade after that, so I learned to speak stupid semi fluently and read it fluently. Let's try this:

Yoooo, you good son, you aight no cap, wurd. That's dope af yo, Ima keep it a buck homie, that's OD af homie no cap breh, aight peace.

Hopefully that worked.... haven't had to speak it in so long, might be rusty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom