• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13 minutes of exclusive XsX Scorn gameplay (4K)

T-Barbs

Gameplay is really boring and slow.
Plus from how it moves, the game seems still early and unoptimized. What is that constant slowdown/stuttering every time the player changes the direction?

Hope it will get better but for now, meh...

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Cant wait for Cherno to come and tell us "Thats just a solid color texture" or some other nonsense.

On Topic.
What the fuck am I looking at?
What is this game.....im so curious about this I hope its coming to Gamepass, because I certainly aint paying for this.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cant wait for Cherno to come and tell us "Thats just a solid color texture" or some other nonsense.

On Topic.
What the fuck am I looking at?
What is this game.....im so curious about this I hope its coming to Gamepass, because I certainly aint paying for this.
Ya GP day one.

If the final game is basically this I won't eveb bother downloading it from GP.

turtlepowa

Banned
Alien Isolation was basically a walking sim too for lots of it, and it was my favourite game of the last ten years easily. Some people on this forum don't even like gaming with how much they complain about everything by the looks of it, the usual group of people who stalk anything related to Xbox and trash it.

Sad people, but great looking game so far.
I hope so too. Alien Isolation is one of the best current gen games.

Neo Blaster

Visuals are interesting, but I have to say I almost fell asleep with that gameplay. I suppose it's a horror game, like a boring Doom, if so I must say I prefer The Medium.

Last edited:

YuLY

Ok so it looks really good, lets get that out of the way. It looks good and has a cool alien/otherworldly art or theme if you will. Thats cool and I like that. But besides that? I dunno, all i see is alot of slow walking and slow analog stick turning for the sake of cinematic feel, guns that handle like crap for the sake of "muh survival".

I've played a lot of games in my life to know what to expect from this. Cool for like 30mins until the art/theme doesnt feel that special anymore or it will start to look samey and then you realize theres not much else there. Bad combat and artificially prolonged through weirdly confusingly placed puzzles, and then not much is found out about that world or story. One of those hollow experiences.

We need more games like Dead Space, Aliens vs Predator, Doom 3 etc, but I dont think this is it guys, cool artstyle and all.

cormack12

Gold Member
Love the art and the design. The lighting looks over contrasted or over exposed. I think bringing it down a notch would bring more detail out.

Everything seems slow and methodical which will probably add tension further down the line. It looks like every shot matters as well with that slow reload and reticle reset. Looks like you don't have to kill everything either as kiting that enemy round to get past them showed.

Probably keeping some stuff back for a trailer etc at this point.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I like what they are going for here but man, its gonna be exhausting to slow walking in this type of environments for 10-20 hours.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ya GP day one.

If the final game is basically this I won't eveb bother downloading it from GP.

Ill Gamepass it just so I know whats going on.

The mystery has me intrigued now....a studio worked hard for this, there has to be a point to all of it right?
Right?

Apocryphon

I don't know what to think of this game. I don't hate what I'm seeing, but I'm failing to understand what the game is about.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I mentioned it already in an other thread but the sound design is from Aids Kutkut aka Billain aka Aethek.

God of Cyberneuro!

Is this an all time PC and XBOX exclusive?

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nice art, shame about the game.

Walk slowly, shoot enemies one at a time... its hardly Doom is it?

Kuranghi

Gameplay is really boring and slow.
Plus from how it moves, the game seems still early and unoptimized. What is that constant slowdown/stuttering every time the player changes the direction?

Hope it will get better but for now, meh...

What I came here to write, the game's v-sync looks to be double buffered or there is some other frame-pacing problem because it looks really unpleasant to me.

"We have native 4K! We just had to make these 37 compromises..." lol

I thought this was due out in 2020 but I just checked and it doesn't even have a year so maybe there's plenty of time anyway.

Akuji

atmosphere is really good. looks really good at certain times but not as good in others.
Gameplay look like it needs alot of ... attention.

Looks great and Model quality or general render quality looks "better then current gen" at times but its not a next gen spectacle galore.

Hope we get better stuff really fast. Wanna see how Fable looks ingame and of course, what magic naugty dog has cooking for us.
Mabye gonna play Scorn next year on Halloween if the game isnt to long. Hoping for a 8-12hours Game that i can play through in one night filled with friends alcohol and snacks.

sublimit

Banned
4k XsX exclusive gameplay?

Does that mean that only people with 4k can watch it? Or does it mean that the video can automatically find out if you haven't pre-ordered a XsX and then stops playing?:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Papacheeks

Banned
I mean I love ridley scott looking stuff, looks wise it has a cool aesthetic. But gameplay wise this game is a ways off, and honestly played way too slow.

baphomet

Hopefully it's fun.

I love how it looks at least. I'm ok with everything being very methodical, but it has to be fun.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Visually interesting, but I'm not a huge fan of the atmospheric lone shooter in a hostile place genre. Last 30 seconds were the coolest imo.

BigLee74

Scary to think about the work involved in modelling all that shit!

Things sure must have been easier back in the Doom days!

Looks disgusting, love the aesthetics.

Jury's out on the gameplay. I'm not adverse to a walking sim now and again... I did like that Edith Finch malarky!

On Gamepass? Bonus.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Looks better than the 2016/17 demo, but the gameplay ... has not changed a bit? Sick visuals, especially when stuff gets highlighted by a beam.

GustavoLT

19873482.jpg

Top Bottom