• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

18 months after launch, how many PSN Premium Classics have you actually played?

how many PSN premium classics have you played after subscribing to the service?

• Total voters

nial

Gold Member
I like that they're offering some weird, niche titles like Jumping Flash! and I.Q.: Intelligent Qube, but they really need to stop with the shitty PSP Ape Escape games. SCEJ completely ruined that series after AE2, when they started to make a lot of bad spin-off titles.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I play more PS Classics on my Vita than the PS5. I bought most of them back on PS3. I finished Suikoden II on my Vita 2-3 years ago.
I don’t actually want to play them on my PS5. The scaling feels better on Vita. I took advantage of the upgrade if you owned the PSN Classic.

I’d actually say my interest would be to keep playing them on Vita and then wait for something like Suikoden II Remastered. Front Mission 3, Xenogears, Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story, and etc. Why can’t we play those yet? It’s like their PS2 selection. I’ve got a ton of Atlus JRPGs on PS2 through PSN, but I can only play them on PS3.

It’s like the PS Mini. I own it, but I’d rather play my Vita. I have MGS and SOTN on Vita. I own Tomba 1 and 2 on PSN. If I use my PS5, it should be for something new. The handheld market makes the desire to play retro games feel like less of a priority. I own Joe & Mac on PS5 and a couple arcade hits here and there. I bought a lot of those Hamster Arcade Archives games on PS4. Locking RE1 with Trophies behind a paywall for someone who bought RE1-3 on PSN years ago is BS. I think I’ve got my thrill and just want accessibility to be better. This cherry picking PS1 games shows how disconnected the company gets after each gen.

Sleepwalker

I play more PS Classics on my Vita than the PS5. I bought most of them back on PS3. I finished Suikoden II on my Vita 2-3 years ago.
I don’t actually want to play them on my PS5. The scaling feels better on Vita. I took advantage of the upgrade if you owned the PSN Classic.

I’d actually say my interest would be to keep playing them on Vita and then wait for something like Suikoden II Remastered. Front Mission 3, Xenogears, Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story, and etc. Why can’t we play those yet? It’s like their PS2 selection. I’ve got a ton of Atlus JRPGs on PS2 through PSN, but I can only play them on PS3.

It’s like the PS Mini. I own it, but I’d rather play my Vita. I have MGS and SOTN on Vita. I own Tomba 1 and 2 on PSN. If I use my PS5, it should be for something new. The handheld market makes the desire to play retro games feel like less of a priority. I own Joe & Mac on PS5 and a couple arcade hits here and there. I bought a lot of those Hamster Arcade Archives games on PS4. Locking RE1 with Trophies behind a paywall for someone who bought RE1-3 on PSN years ago is BS. I think I’ve got my thrill and just want accessibility to be better. This cherry picking PS1 games shows how disconnected the company gets after each gen.

This I agree with, I can play classics on my PS5 or even original discs on my PS3, but I think PS1 games feel at home on the Vita.

If you haven't modded yours you should, takes like 30 minutes, you won't get banned and will be able to rip your purchased PS1 games and play them in the Vita.

TexMex

Several. Never expected them to add trophies to psone games but it’s been great, just too slow of a drip feed.

Indyblue

I’ve briefly played Jax 1, wild arms, and legend of dragoon. I’ll tell ya what tho, if ps3 games could be downloaded, oh boy, I’d play a bunch of those.

bender

What time is it?
Way more than 10. I finished Ico and have put in a bunch of time with the Ridge Racer titles as well as Ape Escape. Everything else was mostly dabbling. While I don't think it is worth the cost, it's probably my favorite part of the service.

Last edited:
I only started my subscription last year. It's been fun to dip back into some old classics like Twisted Metal 2, Ape Escape, and I just finished a replay of Legend of Dragoon. Never played Grandia or Syphon Filter, will probably give those a shot at some point but I'm in no rush. I do wish there was a more complete collection, but at least titles are being added to the service still.

xrnzaaas

Not interested in paying for Premium, but today I learned that Ridge Racer 2 & 4 are available for purchase as PS4 titles. Gonna have a good time tonight.

I wish they offered more classic games in non-streaming versions.

Last edited:

Leonidas

It's a shame PS Classics never go on sale any more. The average price I paid for a digital PS Classic on PS3 was $1.80, since I always bought on sale. It's too bad only a small fraction of them made it to Premium so far...

At this point I'm just hoping more games I bought in the past eventually show up in PS+ Premium so that I can download the games I already bought. I have no plans on re-upping the Premium sub after it expires next month.
Not interested in paying for Premium, but today I learned that Ridge Racer 2 & 4 are available for purchase as PS4 titles. Gonna have a good time tonight.

I wish they offered more classic games in non-streaming versions.
I couldn't justify paying $9.99 for a PS1 game. They used to be $5.99 on PS3, and a lot of them went on sale to be as cheap as $0.80-$1.00, back when PSN sales were a thing on PS3...

I might download R4 on PS+ Extra and beat it real quick though to get it out of my system, been over 20 years since I beat that one...

Last edited:

Crayon

I love old games but that's why I collect.

People like the idea of having an old game available more than actually playing it. I know Xbox bc was the most important thing in history lol. The Internet is not real life, though. 360 bc patches was an awesome project but the wider gaming audience doesn't care that much.

$6 nes roms on the Wii shop seemed like horse shit, but Nintendo got it. $6... One 'memberberry, please.

i think people ran with what is cool to say " we want classic and i remember playing this" tbh i played syphon filter for like 2 minute and i was like nuh this is waste of time.

most of my buddies are gamers and yeah sometimes tallking bout old games is cool in conversation, but youll never see us sitting there and playing ps1 game.

Bartski

Gold Member
i think people ran with what is cool to say " we want classic and i remember playing this" tbh i played syphon filter for like 2 minute and i was like nuh this is waste of time.

most of my buddies are gamers and yeah sometimes tallking bout old games is cool in conversation, but youll never see us sitting there and playing ps1 game.

I sometimes think about how I'd love to play Silent Hill 1 again, how it blew my mind in 1999.

But that was before analog sticks. I don't recall what the control scheme was but I'd expect a world of pain

Top Bottom