• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 New FFXI Screens (X360)

Borys

Banned
Prine said:
nope, never played or have been interested in FF11 (i still have no interest in the game). Im probably going to buy WoW though! (PC)

WoW is better. I love the FF setting and I really like FF11 but nothing beats WoW when it comes to MMORPGs.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
TheGamingGuru said:
Whats impressive about this..looks like xbox1 could do that
Nothing is impressive about it. The PS2 DID do it (not at that resolution, though) as has the PC. It's just a port.

Azrael

Well, the honest truth is that you CAN do a console MMORPG (even FFXI) without using a HDD. SOE did it with EQOA (which actually has a seamless "no loading" world without zones) without a HDD by having a 4MB file on the memory card for patches.

It is possible the X360 version of FFXI has been modified to work off the disc and use a file on the memory card to store patches.

A 64 MB memory card would run out of space for FFXI patches after about 4 updates, or about 8 months after release.

Shouta

Gothic 3 and TES4:Oblivian both annihilate this port of FFXI

Considering FFXI is a 3 and half year old game, the engine is even older, and the base platform was the PS2, it's not surprising. The game still holds up amazingly well though

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Yeah, OK...looks nice and all...but can I at least expect 60 fps from this? If it's not 60 fps, I'll be disappointed.

teiresias

The PC version was fps-limited to 30fps, even if your hardware could handle it at a higher framerate, not sure what they're doing with the X360 version.

Top Bottom