• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2009 – The best year of Wii EVAR!! (Games pics and movies)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Darklord said:
How? It's also all Japanese games, which have barely changed in the last 10 years. I mean come on there are 8 JRPG's on that list. They're just...boring. The gameplay drags on, the story is stupid, the characters are bland, the voice acting is god awful.
Chrono Trigger is better than any of them and it's 15 years old. That's like saying Doom is better than Halo 3 or Resistance 2.
In my opinion Japan has fallen way behind in terms of advancements(excluding some like SMG and MGS4 but how many of those are there?).

Actually, Pikmin 3 will be good.

Ignorant people like you make me ashamed to be part of the same hobby.

Kororinpa 2 and Sin and Punishment 2 should be fantastic...

Wizman23

Banned
I MIGHT try Punchout just because I played the original on the NES till my fingers bled. Thats the only Wii title I have any interest in at all.

I'll stick with the real HD consoles for my gaming

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
FabCam said:
I'm sorry to be a pessimist but when you have a game like Marble Saga: Kororinpa 2 listed as "one of the top games for next year", you know it's going to be a shit year for games.

I can't say I'm interested in even one of those games.

Total fail... considering how awesome the original Kororinpa is. This is actually a pretty damn good list, certainly better than the second half of 2008 for the system. Guess it doesn't have enough bland, grey/brown tinted, American-developed bald space marine games and WWII shooters for you folks hating on it?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wizman23 said:
I MIGHT try Punchout just because I played the original on the NES till my fingers bled. Thats the only Wii title I have any interest in at all.

I'll stick with the real HD consoles for my gaming

I think you, and a lot of people complaining, would do well to watch the videos linked for each game.

Burli

Pringo
MightyKAC said:
If I wanted to advertise the wii's line-up in 09 I'd DEFINITELY leave out Tenchu 4.
God that game is HORRIBLE.

There's a lot of people with crystal balls on this board.

Cat shaking > Crystal Balls

MPW

conduit and hod overkill excite me, for the rest, don't care.

if the wii price drops on holiday 2009, i'll consider picking one up.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
jred250 said:
Some sweet day in the future, there will be an Excite Truck sequel on one of these lists.
with butter-smooth online

believe ™

JaCy

Nice list, I'm looking forward to at least half of those. :D

Also is there been any news on a US release of Fatal Frame 4? I've been wanting that game since it was announced.

Crisco

Banned
My god, this thread is more pathetic than the PS3 owners trying to convince everyone that it's 2007 lineup was good.

JaCy said:
Nice list, I'm looking forward to at least half of those. :D

Also is there been any news on a US release of Fatal Frame 4? I've been wanting that game since it was announced.

It seems that whenever Nintendo is asked about it, they say talk to Tecmo. Whenever Tecmo is asked about it, they say talk to Nintendo. :/

most of the game do look to be geting better but still alot of shite that need to be cut out and not sold to mums who dont know any better

jay

Good thread BDGAME. Any chance you could update the list with correct info (and new games as they are announced)?

BDGAME

jay said:
Good thread BDGAME. Any chance you could update the list with correct info (and new games as they are announced)?

In the future... yes.

For now, I'm a little busy and a lot lazy.

Sushen

Darklord said:
... :\

I guess if you like Japanese games it's good...?

I can't say a single game on that list looks good. Even Madworld.

By the way that Red Steel 2 screenshot is a Red Steel 1 concept pic.
In other word, you don't like Japanese games. Can't help. :lol

Drek

Crisco said:
My god, this thread is more pathetic than the PS3 owners trying to convince everyone that it's 2007 lineup was good.
I don't find it very pathetic.

No, the Wii isn't delivering as steady a lineup of games for avid gamers as the 360, but they have their own place in the gaming spectrum and I'd say its a pretty compelling one.

Any year that includes a Platinum Games title with Sin City inspired artistic design, a new Vanillaware game, a Capcom Vs. fighter that looks smokin' hot, the next console Monster Hunter, and sequels to Sin and Punishment and Punch-Out! has a solid core.

Add in some interesting content like Fragile, Overlord: Dark Legend, Klonoa (a must buy for me), Fatal Frame 4, etc. and you've got a solid lineup.

This is also likely before we get conclusive info on the big Q3 and Q4 releases.

I don't think I'd be happy with that lineup as my only source of gaming for '09 but combined with another system like a 360, PS3, or PC and I'd be more than happy. Personally I go the extra mile and combine it with a 360, PC, DS, and PSP, so the strong Wii lineup makes me more question how I'm even going to find time to play it all.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jocchan said:
Secret Wii Game :)

:lol

For some reason today I got myself really hyped up over Sonic & the Black Knight.

I actually was drooling for a bit over the screenshots (BLADESOFGRASSYEAH), and left the trailer looping in the background because of the music (KNIGHTOFTHEWINDYEAH). Can't wait. :)

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
sphinx said:
the list includes games with some potential, it just tells us people who can't be bothered to look around on IGN and such what can we be expecting for 2009.

I don't see why haters get all worked up.

besides RE5, the HD consoles, specially PS3, have NOTHING to brag about for any year in the future. Of course, that is unless you are all about gray FPSs and uninspired western pseudo RPGs, then of course the HD consoles are like gold mines and Wii's lineup is pretty shitty.

what a load of shit. there are plenty of exciting and fun games on the 360 and ps3 there aren't 'gray fps' or the 'bald space marine' thing that's thrown around a lot - particularly when you add in the more indie stuff on xbla and psn.

anyway, at risk of being labelled a 'troll', as a disappointed wii owner desperate for something truly exciting to come out this list doesn't really excite me much :( the conduit, kororinpa 2 and the elusive but rumoured pikmin 3 could end up being pretty cool though.

Andrex said:
:lol

For some reason today I got myself really hyped up over Sonic & the Black Knight.

I actually was drooling for a bit over the screenshots (BLADESOFGRASSYEAH), and left the trailer looping in the background because of the music (KNIGHTOFTHEWINDYEAH). Can't wait. :)
Its going to be awesomely good fun like secret rings.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
abstract alien said:
Its going to be awesomely good fun like secret rings.

Hope so. I have my doubts though. (Combat, samey environments, hub world, and friends chief among them.)

But on the positive side, the graphics looks fantastic and if they follow most of was SR laid down it should be really solid. That, and the soundtrack is shaping up to kick ass.

The M.O.B

I'm really looking forward to Wii in 09, considering we don't know about anything past Q2(pikmin 3). Most dont have a steady date at all actually. ;l

Already a good 4-5 games im really looking forward to.

The M.O.B said:
I'm really looking forward to Wii in 09, considering we don't know about anything past Q2(pikmin 3). Most dont have a steady date at all actually. ;l

Already a good 4-5 games im really looking forward to.
Im pretty pumped for the wii in 09 as well. The HD consoles dont really have shit for me to be excited about as of yet(there are a few that i may pick up at some point) aside from a few awesome fighting games. I didnt get much play at all out of my HD this year either, as most of the hyped up shit just didnt catch my eye at all or turned out to be, well, hyped shit. The wii and wiiware are going to get lots of my time this coming year, i can feel it already.

Side note: Team Ico, im waiting on you...ill wait forever if i must.

MysticX

solid2snake said:
great list, Muramasa is so mine :D
oh, and in 2009 we will get F-Zero WX, believe in Amusement Vision <3

Oh god let´s hope so, and please don´t let the story mode be so fucking hard.

Jokeropia

rainking187 said:
So how did this comment make it through without a giant "LOL, wut?"
Because only idiots would question something subjective?

Although I have to admit, I'm surprised there weren't more idiots here.

wsippel

Banned
Jocchan said:
Secret Wii Game :)
And there are quite a few of those, actually...

I'm very interested in Big Huges secret Wii game for example. They are really hyping the title in their job offers, and they started working on it a long, long time ago.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
wsippel said:

I'm very interested in Big Huges secret Wii game for example. They are really hyping the title in their job offers, and they started working on it a long, long time ago.
I think you missed the reference.

Weisheit

wsippel said:

God the Game? Yep sounds really intriguing,

A concept project at Big Huge Games codenamed "God the Game," this title is something of a Black & White idea and would enable players to become a god and to interact with and manage the resources in a living world using the Wii remote. In addition to manipulating landscapes and controlling the weather, gamers would be challenged to take care of worshippers and destroy non-believers. According to insiders, God the Game would also boast a two-player cooperative mode (allowing for dual creation and management) and support WiiConnect24 for future downloadable content. The look of the title would be colorful, cartoon-ish and stylized.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
rainking187 said:
It's already confirmed that XSEED is releasing it in the US.

Wow simultaneous posts and all :lol Thank GOD, I will be getting this Day 1 if its as good as it looks like it is.

Top Bottom