• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Draft |OT| The Resurrection of the Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamblades

Thunder just might make Dakari work out.......

About the best situation for him(assuming KD doesn't bail in FA), as they won't need much at all from him, he just has to be a big body and get boards and finish easy ones around the rim and he will be a valuable rotation player.

spyder_ur

AINGE saw small ball win a championship and wants to copy

The fuck ainge , draft some centers

If you need rookie guards call the Celtics..Ainge is on drugs.

The difference is that the Sixers' big men look good, most of the C's guards don't.

You're not finding a franchise center picking 16, 28 and 33.

All that matters is if these guys are good which is obviously yet to be determined. But Ainge has had a ton of success drafting in this area of the draft so I trust his judgment.

As for the glut of guards, yeah its a concern but I think we all know that this roster will look dramatically different when they get close to contending. Obviously they felt the value was with the players they picked.

It's going to be tough watching them get abused at the rim again this year, but that wasn't going to be fixed tonight or likely this summer unless there's a surprise free agent or trade.

CIY3zEAWcAAZjBw.jpg

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
If they used a first rounder on him it's because they plan on him making the roster. He fills a need too with Jordan Hill and Ed Davis likely out the door.

Also, keep in mind he was a senior, he's already 22. He can come in and play mins right now.. even though he played at a small school 4 years of college makes the transition easier. Not a high ceiling.. but you know what you're getting.

spyder_ur

The question is what's the process?

C's
76rs
PhX

What's the method to the madness?

I think these are all different situations. Phoenix just looks like an incompetent rebuild to me. Celtics are actively trying to create a hardworking and winning culture but just don't have the talent yet. The Sixers are the extreme and seemingly solely focused on asset accumulation.

I think what all three have in common is that they are trying to position themselves to secure a guy who can be one of the best 10-15 players in the league (at minimum) otherwise history shows you're probably not a championship contender.

lol idk it has never been done in the NBA and worked so I dont know why I should trust it

Tanking/ structured rebuilding has definitely worked in the NBA in the past. Pre-Hakeem Rockets, pre-Duncan Spurs, Thunder being obvious examples. Sixers are an extreme situation and we'll see if it works out.

jmizzal

Tanking/ structured rebuilding has definitely worked in the NBA in the past. Pre-Hakeem Rockets, pre-Duncan Spurs, Thunder being obvious examples. Sixers are an extreme situation and we'll see if it works out.

Yea tanking for 1 cant miss player has worked, but tanking every year, drafting injured players and players who are not coming over for 2 years have not been seen before lol

inm8num2

Hell yea, happy for Dawson. He's got the athleticism and can defend multiple positions. Hopefully he does well during the summer and makes the cut - Dawson's weakness is his shooting range but that can improve. He's a junkyard dog who can give solid minutes off the bench with defense, rebounds, and second-chance baskets.

Bowser

Bobby BP Portis ‏@BPortistime 5m5 minutes ago
Bulls Nation sorry for the tweets I sent 4 years ago. I was a boy then. I'm a man now. And a Bull. DRose, Pau, what kinda donuts yall like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom