• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 World Cup of Hockey |OT| World Cashgrab of Who Cares - Sponsored by SAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hoping I can make it home before the NA game starts, can't wait to see what that team can do.

Delryk

Exhibition games begin today!

Wooooo!

It's Team Czech Republic vs. Team Russia - VTB Arena; Moscow
12:30pm - ESPN3, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Team Sweden vs. Team Finland - Hartwall Arena; Helsinki
Noon ET/7 p.m. local - ESPN3, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Team Europe vs. Team North America - Videotron Centre; Quebec City
8 p.m. ET - ESPN2, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Wooooo!

supposedly 17k seats sold in Quebec City so far.. they're thinking it'll be soldout by tonight (18.3k)

calder

I see this tournament as a guilty pleasure. I want to hate it and avoid it, but I know that I will be stuck infront of the TV.

I'm old enough to remember Canada Cups and so on, so for me an off-season best on best tournament is nothing new. I'm shamelessly excited - I mean I get why people are upset if they think this means no Olympics (fuck the IOC) but on it's own any excuse for a best on best tourney at any level is something to be cherished.

I still remember losing my mind in '87 with my dad and my little brother when Lemieux scored the winner in one of the best hockey games every played. That was when I went from a casual young hockey fan to a life-long.

Cake Boss

Banned
I dont give a fuck if its a money grab or the other stupid childish arguments against it. Its fucking hockey and alot of skilled players are in it. Will watch.

calder

Watching on my phone, being one of Rogers' chump customers really comes in handy on occasion.

Oh god, this exhibition is more fun than half the reg season games I watch.

I dont give a fuck if its a money grab or the other stupid childish arguments against it. Its fucking hockey and alot of skilled players are in it. Will watch.

Word. I've done nothing but roll my eyes at people here and elsewhere online acting like this is a bad idea and whining about getting extra high level hockey to watch. I wish there was a way to legally prevent people who were all "ugh, so lame, I'm not watching any of Bettman's folly!" from actually watching it.

Foggy

The day professional sports becomes about money is the day I stop watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom