• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 World Cup of Hockey |OT| World Cashgrab of Who Cares - Sponsored by SAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Zaitsev-Orlov really should be used more, from what I've been seeing.

Little too late now, though.

aren't they already the top pair?

edit:

ae44ac3ff68f43758887dbb92093eb53.png

so Zaitsev is 4th among D-men in TOI, but leads Russia in # of shifts. Seems more like Russia is rolling 2 top pairs

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What was that Russian quote from the 2010 Olympics about Canada coming out like beasts?
Bryz said they came out like caged animals or something like that. He also said they resembled the orcs attacking from the Hobbit I think :lol

zroid

Banned
strange but true fact: Zaitsev had the best CF% of any player in that game

Apparently he was given heavy OZ deployment, which is entirely the opposite of how he was used in previous games (and his CF% was low before). Not sure what the Russian coach is playing at.

edit: or not

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Apparently he was given heavy OZ deployment, which is entirely the opposite of how he was used in previous games (and his CF% was low before). Not sure what the Russian coach is playing at.

50% OZS is heavy OZ deployment? lol

I'll keep this in mind the next time someone tries to use corsi as the only argument for a player's value.

nah, what you should remember is markov and emelin is on your team

zroid

Banned
50% OZS is heavy OZ deployment? lol

yeah my bad, i saw someone tweet that it was heavy OZ but when I just looked it up it was 50% heh

anyhow, that's pretty promising, since even though he looked good to me in previous games, I was a little worried about the CF% results. I knew he was getting brutal deployment though.

calder

Great game. I was at my parents house with most of my brothers celebrating Marvie's birthday tomorrow and it was great to watch it all (mostly) together like we used to. Big cheer for Marchand and Perry but no one else would join me in welcoming those assholes into the heart permanently.

calder

Believe it had something to do with huge gorillas.

Edit: found it

https://www.thestar.com/sports/olym...ussia_like_gorillas_coming_out_of_a_cage.html

Even better, Custance just asked him about it again!

And then he offered up a revised version of the gorilla comparison. In his memory, that group of Canadian hockey players in that moment has gotten even nastier.

"Not gorillas," he said. "More like Orcs from 'The Hobbit.' You watch that movie, right? Big. Mean. Scary."
Bryz is still just great

zroid

Banned
LOL how?

that should be a lesson to defenders: put your stick behind your goalie to prevent the puck from squeaking over the line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom