• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 GOTY Revisited, would Cyberpunk 2077 in its current state win against TLOU Part II?

In their current states, which is the better game?

• Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 68 56.7%
  • The Last of Us Part II

Votes: 52 43.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Dazzar

Dear OP:
clint eastwood middle finger GIF by Maudit

Tsaki

Probably The Last of Us 2. But it's pretty meaningless since the game was heavily polished on launch day already so you'd have to give Naughty Dog another 3 years of dev time to compare the games. And probably make it a PS5 exclusive as well.
Also most comments vote for TLoU2 but the poll has CP2077 as the winner. Interesting...

spons

Gold Member
The Last of Us 2 is not really fun to play, so I voted Cyberpunk 2077. There's no proper definition for "better" anyway, it's all bullshit, as are awards in general.

GooseMan69

That’s a really tough one. I would probably still say Part II. Some shoddy writing aside, it’s still a triumph. Gameplay, AI, visuals, audio, atmosphere, performances, etc are all top tier. Probably the most polished game ever made. Unforgettable experience.

Last edited:

Certinty

Cyberpunk 2077 for me.

The Last of Us Part II’s story and characters were… something else. Overly dragged out too, the game just kept going and going with these so called “fake” endings. Amazing gameplay and graphics though i’ll give it that.

Woggleman

I find it funny how people call TLOU2 depressing when Cyberpunk is not exactly cheer and sunshine. The game gets really dark at times.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
they are exactly different games? i do enjoy both, although CP2077 AI is still ass

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I stopped playing TLoU2 once I finished it, I legit didnt even want to do a new game plus. (I did try Grounded mode when it came out just for the fuck of it)
Ive been playing Cyberpunk on and off since launch.....I havent even started Phantom Liberty yet, just enjoying 2.0 for now with a new V.

The Last of Us Part 2 in my opinion is superior in every way, with regards to writing, characters, visuals, audio and physics. For a bonus The Last of Us Part 2 wasn't a broken hot mess at launch either.

jennifer beals film GIF

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I stopped playing TLoU2 once I finished it, I legit didnt even want to do a new game plus. (I did try Grounded mode when it came out just for the fuck of it)
Ive been playing Cyberpunk on and off since launch.....I havent even started Phantom Liberty yet, just enjoying 2.0 for now with a new V.
I played through NG+ enough to get the platinum...with it muted and listening to YouTube.

Was so done by the late game I was begging for it to end

brenobnfm

Probably The Last of Us 2. But it's pretty meaningless since the game was heavily polished on launch day already so you'd have to give Naughty Dog another 3 years of dev time to compare the games. And probably make it a PS5 exclusive as well.
Also most comments vote for TLoU2 but the poll has CP2077 as the winner. Interesting...

They had the same 3 years, Naughty Dog wasn't dismantled or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom