• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Presentation Photos... Sharp Kameo Pics

olimario

Banned
http://xbox360.gaming-universe.de/news/168.html

848.jpg
847.jpg
849.jpg
846.jpg

816.jpg

:lol

Jonnyram

op_ivy said:
no shadows at all? hope that gets added...
We must be looking at different pictures!
1st pic, guy has a shadow covering half of his face.
Other pics, trees are casting crazy shadows and there's a shadow of that chair on one pic too.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Jonnyram said:
We must be looking at different pictures!
1st pic, guy has a shadow covering half of his face.
Other pics, trees are casting crazy shadows and there's a shadow of that chair on one pic too.

i didnt see any underneath the characters... but i see kameo's now

Borys

Banned
op_ivy said:
i didnt see any underneath the characters... but i see kameo's now

Scenery casts shadows (more or less) but Kameo doesn't. Look at her feet - there's no shadow.

Anyway, looks like it might be fun, like a good old RARE platformer.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Borys said:
Scenery casts shadows (more or less) but Kameo doesn't. Look at her feet - there's no shadow.

It's there. Keep checking. Keep in mind her feet aren't touching the ground in one shot.

Ahh people want real black shadows, like in the old days a big black blob. :lol

People we are talking realtime shadows here, most are soft shadows. Look at kameo's face you clearly can see that half of the face(that is facing us) has a soft shadow, also the creature. Even the grass has shadow, seems like it's dynamic shadowing and lightning.

But most of you wouldn't see it...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
The game as it is is obviously lacking in the lighting and shadowing department. I hope it will be corrected/added before release.

op_ivy

OptimusPrime said:
Ahh people want real black shadows, like in the old days a big black blob. :lol

People we are talking realtime shadows here, most are soft shadows. Look at kameo's face you clearly can see that half of the face(that is facing us) has a soft shadow, also the creature. Even the grass has shadow, seems like it's dynamic shadowing and lightening.

er, no. speaking for only myself, it didnt look like any character was casting a shadow on the ground. in both pics with kameo, her shadow is mostly obscured, and not immediately obvious. being that the game is still a work in progress, i just figured that wasnt added yet.

Graphically, it's much more impressive than Rare's other Xbox 360 game, Perfect Dark Zero, but I'm still looking forward to PDZ more. I like the way the universe in Kameo looks, but I'm not sure if it's going to be the game I want to play when it comes out this fall.

Blimblim said:
The game as it is is obviously lacking in the lighting and shadowing department. I hope it will be corrected/added before release.

this is rare, so that would probably delay the game for at least 3 months

Mrbob

Blimblim said:

DoA4 has problems with shadow and lighting too. I thought the X360 GPU was supposed to make this process easy. What gives?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Mrbob said:
DoA4 has problems with shadow and lighting too. I thought the X360 GPU was supposed to make this process easy. What gives?
I don't think this is a hardware problem. Saint's Row has some very impressive shadowing and it runs ok (I guess) on Xbox 360.
Lighting and shadowing has always been a big problem for Team Ninja. Rare has proven that they could do some awesome shadowing and lighting with Conker, so I admit I don't understand how Kameo can't look better...

op_ivy

ejdonk said:
I think it's looking good enough not to bitch about it.

junior member, eh? this forum bitches about next-gen def jam's graphics. they bitch about pgr3's trackside textures.

Jeff-DSA

I love the colors.

ATi has a way of getting rich colors displayed in a way that nVidia hasn't yet. It's VERY evident this generation when looking at the GameCube games, they are always so rich and vibrant.

sangreal

Borys said:

Anyway, looks like it might be fun, like a good old RARE platformer.

All of the characters are casting shadows, including Kameo

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Jeff-DSA said:
I love the colors.

ATi has a way of getting rich colors displayed in a way that nVidia hasn't yet. It's VERY evident this generation when looking at the GameCube games, they are always so rich and vibrant.
Err, no.

It depends on the game, obviously. There is no technical reason for what you are saying.

dorio

Banned
I don't like the fact that these screens of Kameo and PGR3 are making me want my xbox badge back. I guess its not the developer's fault that they work for such a clueless company.

jett

D-Member
Kameo IS casting a shadow. You can easily in the second pic. Not so much in the first one because she's in the air(either running or during a jump), but it's there, sort of behind her. :p This game looks nice to me.

sangreal

I think Kameo has the potential to be a sleeper hit.

I was kind of dissapointed by this demo because the combat seemed pretty weak, but opy_ivy played it and said the combat was great.

Top Bottom