• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Presentation Photos... Sharp Kameo Pics

Pimpwerx

Seriously looks like it can be run by a high-end PC. Is that a bad thing? Well, not if you didn't have to shell out $400+ to play it. For the jump to next-gen, I fully agree with the bitching. This is a large investment coming up...again. It had better be worth the greenbacks. Kameo, PD0 and DOA4 are showing nothing that would make me want to fork over my money. The lighting in Kameo and DOA4 are downright pathetic. They're lighting models we see this gen. There's some self-shadowing in Kameo, as seen with the dragon. But the rest of the lighting looked very out of place.

I'll admit, I should wait for direct-feed vids to start the bitching, but what we saw yesterday doesn't look much improved over the E3 footage. And that was ridiculed, and deservedly so. This does not look like a next-gen title. I think what we've seen of GoW, PGR3, Fight Night and Def Jam make it abundantly clear that the hardware is capable of MUCH more than this right now. No apologies for sloppy code. The game may be fun as all hell, but I can play fun games on my GC or even my SNES. This step up needs to be immediately clear the moment you set eyes on a next-gen game, or who the hell is gonna pay for it? This isn't like the PS2 JP launch, where they could get away with mostly shovelware and a few marquee titles. In NA and EU, your first impression could be your last. And PGR3 aside, there's not much lined up for the 360 launch that screams next-gen. Oh, let me throw Saints Row in there, b/c I think that also looks great. But IMO, Rare has dropped the ball like no other. They are the worst investment this gen, and destroying the legacy they built on the NES/SNES/N64. PEACE.

Beowvlf

Banned
Just finished watching Blim's presentation video, and frankly, this game just doesn't cut it. One thing the screens don't convey that the video does, is that Kameo may be the WORST animated game I've ever seen. Canned, static combat animations, physical gesture cycling ala Final Fantasy X, and ridiculously poor transitioning. When Kameo stopped running during the demo in the forest-ish area, she hovered like 6 virtual feet before coming to a halt. Pure weaksauce.

Here's a question: What the hell was up with the BLATANT Metroid Prime ripoff during the demo on the castle? L.A.M.E.

The only marginally impressive scene was when the hundreds of ogres (god damn Rare has the worst art designers in existence) were on screen. Yet, they all looked completely identical, and moved in near unison. It probably wouldn't have been such a problem if the models were more detailed or more interesting to look at, but alas, as it is now it just looks... wrong.

I can't believe this game impresses some people here. This launch is lowering standards.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Heian-kyo said:
The only marginally impressive scene was when the hundreds of ogres (god damn Rare has the worst art designers in existence) were on screen. Yet, they all looked completely identical, and moved in near unison. It probably wouldn't have been such a problem if the models were more detailed or more interesting to look at, but alas, as it is now it just looks... wrong.

I don't agree with much of your post, but you are right about this. It seemed the ogres had something like three total animations while they are battling on the hill: Attacking, waiving arm above head, and being knocked back. It's just too similar.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
dorio said:
You guys do realize that metroid is not the only game that allows your character to roll into a ball.

This is Rare we're talking about. Diddy Kong Racing = Mario Kart. Banjo-Kazooie = Mario 64. Grabbed by the Ghoulies = Luigi's Mansion. There's precedence for these kinds of Nintendo similarities. Not saying they make bad games or anything.

I do think this game looks pretty cool, though not really next-gen. I'd blame the endless system porting, but Conker ended up looking awesome on the Xbox so I don't know.

Top Bottom