• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DRealms outsources high-poly modeling to Liquid Dev

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Check it out!

Liquid Development Forever

George Broussard contacted Liquid Development to produce a slew of super high-res characters to be used for normal map generation for the loooooong awaited Duke Nukem Forever. We're can't wait to see our work in the completed title!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Not to bag on 3DRealms but I can't fucking wait for the Post Mortem. Man that PM will probably be the most interesting one in quite a while. I'm genuinly intrigued as to why the game took so long.

Cue jokes.

Hooker

I really REALLY hope they blow everyone away with the game. This game has gotten sooo much shit over the years (some well deserved that is) But I just really hope it won't be another Daikatana

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Not to bag on 3DRealms but I can't fucking wait for the Post Mortem.
You and me. At this point I don't give a fuck about the scores, it is all about the post mortem
thumb_up.gif

BTW, check out their GDC presentation, there are some interesting high-poly models (one of them looks like out of Quake 4)

goodcow

George is quite optimistic here. :lol

http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthrea...eorge+Broussard&topic=&Search=true#Post802597

Even when we do give you something new to discuss, it will go like this:

- All this time for that! That sucks!

- That's amazing!

- I don't like ______.

- I don't like the new version of ______.

- Most interactive game ever! / Interactivity is stupid!

- Why doesn't the game do _____ like _____.

- Why did the bring back _____ I wanted all new stuff.

- I'm not buying it! / I'm buying it!

- I told you so! (can go for good or bad responses)

- (release day +1) When's the sequel out, I already finished it. Now I have to wait again?!!!

- I love shadows / I hate shadows.

- Monsters look plastic. / No they don't.

- Why wasn't _____ from the 2001 video in there? You guys killed my childhood! I hate you!

That's a good start, anyway :)

Top Bottom