• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD announces frame generation for all DX11 and DX12 games

Leonidas

No matter what AMD does, the resident
Nvidia shill’s going to downplay it.
Please tell me why I should be excited about their recent announcements?

7800XT/7700 XT? Not interested, I've had a better card for my needs for months now.
FSR3? Not interested and won't use it unless AMD pays for "priority" in their sponsored games where DLSS3 somehow goes missing in a game I'm actually interested in.
AFMF? Interesting, but it's locked behind 1% of PC users (RDNA3).

How am I downplaying AFMF, it could be a nice feature if it turns out well. But no one will use it if it can only be used by 1% of Steam users.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Please tell me why I should be excited about their recent announcements?

7800XT/7700 XT? Not interested, I've had a better card for my needs for months now.
FSR3? Not interested and won't use it unless AMD pays for "priority" in their sponsored games where DLSS3 somehow goes missing in a game I'm actually interested in.
AFMF? Interesting, but it's locked behind 1% of PC users (RDNA3).

How am I downplaying AFMF, it could be a nice feature if it turns out well. But no one will use it if it can only be used by 1% of Steam users.

Woah woah woah

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

It’s not 1% RDNA 3 users on steam hardware survey, it’s 0.17%, you were way too optimistic there.

AFMF will be straight fire 🔥

Arrested Development Tobias GIF

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I’m all for memes but that’s stupid as fuck, his 10 years old GPU won’t benefit from AFMF, not even FSR 3.

That was a quick hot take that fell flat on its face
if you are PC gaming in 2023 you should not have a 10 year old GPU. even 8 years is pushing it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Seems pretty neat but is there any relevance for someone like me who is limited to 60hz TV?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
No since you kind of need 60 fps to kick frame gen into gear.
I was kind of hoping for advances in image quality or improvement of stability. Kinda lame if there is none of the former and stable 60fps is actually the requirement rather than the gift.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I'm a little confused by the 60FPS thing since a screenshot on the 1st page seems to be bragging about going from 36 to 122 FPS?

Is there going to be a bunch of bad artifacting or something at below 60 base?

Leonidas

I'm a little confused by the 60FPS thing since a screenshot on the 1st page seems to be bragging about going from 36 to 122 FPS?

Is there going to be a bunch of bad artifacting or something at below 60 base?
The 36 FPS example is native 4K.
The 122 FPS example is FSR3 Performance Mode (1080p reconstruction + Fluid Motion Frames).

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The 36 FPS example is native 4K.
The 122 FPS example is FSR3 Performance Mode (1080p reconstruction + Fluid Motion Frames).
I understand what the screenshots are showing.

I think I just misunderstood the 60FPS thing. My brain was thinking it'd have to be 60FPS at 4k to begin with but it's the 1080p that it would have to be 60FPS.

I get it now just took a minute lol

Irobot82

I suppose, that AMD will eventually expand FSR3 support in their driver to include Vulkan.
There is also the option for devs to implement FSR3 directly into the game.
So if larian implements FSR3, it will work in DX12 and Vulkan alike.
I just had a thought, doesn't the steam deck run DX11 through Proton. So I wonder if FSR3 will indeed work...... maybe?

Laptop1991

I was impressed with FSR in the Outer Worlds Spacers Choice Edition and it worked great on my Nvidia card, made a big difference, well done AMD and i've always been an Nvidia guy.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
First fsr2, now era of laggier, more argentinian tv looking games.
I experienced dlss3 in person. It looks and feels great. But you need 60-70fps base

Last edited:

Crayon

I just had a thought, doesn't the steam deck run DX11 through Proton. So I wonder if FSR3 will indeed work...... maybe?

Proton can translate dx 11 or 12 or whatever. Idk if this will work out the box though. Rt on and for instance is going slow and you can only use it in a few games.

Top Bottom