• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4chan] Resident Evil 4 Remake Info

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
fca0jXS.jpg

Saber

Gold Member
Hope those rumors ends being true(this one looks a bit rubish though). Can't wait to see the reaction, the cut content seems spot on.

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
I don't buy it. They skipping Code: Veronica huh.

What is the point of these remakes anyway? They seem lazy. Resident Evil 3 Remake was a good game, but a terrible remake. I can't remember how accurate RE2 remake was to the original game.

MarkyG

The one thing that is probably true is the mention of cut content. The rest... well, we'll see. RE4 doesn't need a remake IMO. I'd love to see Code Veronica receive some love though. Loved that game.

The Shepard

Hopefully they keep it's dynamic difficulty. Gets harder, less item drops, the better you do. Easier the worse, more drops etc.

anthony2690

Banned
Is there actually a RE4 remake in the works? I am really hoping there is, as I know my dad would love it.

I think it would've been his most played game ever (well till he discovered shadow of war)

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It's not that good of a leak
but
why the hell remaking a game that great? Still holds up, man

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
If they cut the alligator boat boss, the floating cage boss, or the Alien boss they can shove it up their ass. If they want to cut the QTE knife boss fights I'm all about that.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Sounds like crap.

First paragraph made me lol. A 3rd person survival horror with action segments like RE3?
RE4 had more than 1000 enemies in my playthrough, its way more action oriented than RE3. It is what gave birth to the action games of RE5 and RE6. Yes RE4 started suplexing enemies, flipping out of windows and waves and waves of enemies.….Not RE5

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Someone should do a study and find all the 4chan leaks in neogaf history and see how many were accurate.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I mean, it's so vague that it could all be 100% true and it's still nothing to get excited or upset over, lol.

The pinnacle of fake 4chan leaks was the one about a steampunk style Zelda, where Hyrule was slowing collapsing (or being flooded). You were playing as someone who was convinced they were the Hero of Time but actually weren't. You were basically trying to stop Ganon's rise to power but were helpless to do so cause the Hero of Time was in a different timeline. Sounded pretty dark and moody. IGN even ran a story on it, lol.

I know i will get booed for this, but idk about a remake if its 3rd person. Make it first person, because thats what made the RE2 remake so excitig for me, a new perspective. The projekt HD for RE4 is good enough for me. Game is allready nearly perfect anyways.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I don't buy it. They skipping Code: Veronica huh.

What is the point of these remakes anyway? They seem lazy. Resident Evil 3 Remake was a good game, but a terrible remake. I can't remember how accurate RE2 remake was to the original game.
Yea, 3make is an awesome game but definitely inferior to the original. 2make is amazing. Some people knock it because there's no zapping system features, and the B-Scenario was kinda tacked on but Capcom didn't plan on putting it in at all so the fact that they did is better than not having it at all. 2make definitely made some changes but nothing too wild and I think Capcom even said that it's not officially canon so it's not like it replaces the significance of the original RE2 when it comes to lore, it's just a modern version of the game. Most drastic change for me was Ada, she just comes off as a bitch in 2make. In RE2 you can see why she's able to get info from people, she's somewhat cold but also alluring, it's like a cat and mouse game. In 2make she's just rude and condescending, lol. The romance aspect doesn't work nearly as well between her and Leon. Chief Irons is also more effective in the original. At first he seems like he's devastated by what's going on but then you realize he's a psychopath. In 2make it's clear from the first time you see him that he's insane.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I know i will get booed for this, but idk about a remake if its 3rd person. Make it first person, because thats what made the RE2 remake so excitig for me, a new perspective. The projekt HD for RE4 is good enough for me. Game is allready nearly perfect anyways.
I'm sorry dude but 2make isn't first person. Only RE7 and Village are. Not counting RE: Survivor on the PSX.

Neff

Chief Irons is also more effective in the original. At first he seems like he's devastated by what's going on but then you realize he's a psychopath.

He was sooooo good in the original. The way he does the creepy but civil Bond villain thing when you first encounter him, before he completely lets himself go and starts flipping out about *his* town and *his* police station is great.

RE2make Irons was a huge disappointment. I dug the orphanage, though. And the way they made him the most detestable character in the franchise lore-wise, when he was already well up there, was impressive.

Top Bottom