• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 "new" characters in Capcom Fighting Jam

Ferrio

Banned
Vampire (Darkstalkers)
Jedah

Streer Fighter Zero
Rose

Warzard
Mukuro

Street Fighter II
Vega (M.Bison)

Street Fighter III
Alex

Dammit, looks like Makoto might get boned.

Previous characters:

Vampire (Darkstalkers)
Demitri
Felicia

Streer Fighter Zero
Guy
Sakura

Warzard
Leo
Hauzer

Street Fighter II
Ryu
Guile

Street Fighter III
Yun
Chun-li

Capcom Fighting All Stars
Ingrid

nubbe

mbison02.gif

Vega

Troidal

This game is basically King of Fighters Capcom version :D

Questions for the experts...

Are they still using the same sprites for the characters?
Looks like it, but I want to be sure.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
No, this game is basically Capcom vs SNK 3 without the SNK characters. Even the menus and lifebars match the style of CVS2 some what.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Good to see Jedah, he freaking rocks.

Still not getting the game out of protest though.

Sai

Well, glad Rose is back. I actually kind of missed her in CvS2.

Hope Vega is very much like his CvS2 self. It was like old school Bison, but beefed up with Zero-sauce.

... Gimme Makoto!

The game had better have plenty of characters from all of Capcom's series like Marvel Vs Capcom games. I particularly want Breath of Fire characters, although having two characters named Ryu might be confusing. At least Katt from BoF2, Rei from BoF3, Nina from BoF 4 and Lin from Dragon Quarter.

MoxManiac

Awesome. I knew Alex would be in, since he was originally planned for CFAS.

Jedah is fantastic news as well. Not Talbain but it'll do.

Sai

JPN > US

Vega > M. Bison

Balrog > Vega

M. Bison > Balrog

The "M" in Bison stands for Mike, by the way.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Laurent said:
May I ask... Why? Human error? Retranscription error?

Cause Mike Tyson would have bit more than an ear out of Capcom USA's Ass.

Edit: that was a weird analogy.

Laurent said:
May I ask... Why? Human error? Retranscription error?

Balrog was named Mike Bison before (well in the japanese release), and not Mister Bison or M. Bison. So they changed it for certain.. reasons. Well you know why.

Laurent

Littleberu said:
Balrog was named Mike Bison before (well in the japanese release), and not Mister Bison or M. Bison. So they changed it for certain.. reasons. Well you know why.
No, I was asking about the fact that Balrog is M. Bison, Vega is Balrog and M. Bison is Vega...

Laurent said:
No, I was asking about the fact that Balrog is M. Bison, Vega is Balrog and M. Bison is Vega...

Well they changed Vega to M. Bison, so they decided to change it to fit the other characters personnality. Balrog is a better name for a big boxer than Vega IMO.

Laurent

Did any of those changes followed in the japanese sequels? Or did they just occured in foreign (US and European) versions?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
JC10001 said:
... and Dante, Bionic Commando, Chris Redfield, Nemesis, Megaman, Roll, Zero, Jin, Captain Commando, etc, etc

Hmm.. just give me Megaman and Captain Commando... along with Joe, of course.

What is the fascination Capcom has with the name Joe, by the way?

Commando -- stars Super Joe

Bionic Commando -- you rescure Super Joe

Viewtiful Joe -- you are Joe.

Ferrio

Banned
ourumov said:
Explain me how they can use CVS2 sprites for the shotos when they have the best sprites ever on SF III !!!!

To go with the game theme. They're using the style/sprites from what game the character is coming from (Why chunli is 3S sprites)

Docpan

So what the fuck is this, exactly?

They ran out of other companies to have VS games with, so now it's just Capcom VS. Capcom?

And why the fuck are they still using those god-awful lowres sprites? It's 2004..... Right?

It looks awful. Time to start something new, Capcom..... *cough*jerkoffs*cough cough*

Bebpo

Banned
Since it's basically a full rehash and Capcom's first fighter in 2 years or so, I hope they grab at least 5-10 characters from each of the five games. I think a roster the size of the best KoF rosters is what's needed here.

Since it's basically a full rehash and Capcom's first fighter in 2 years or so, I hope they grab at least 5-10 characters from each of the five games. I think a roster the size of the best KoF rosters is what's needed here.

You're kidding, right? In order to make this interesting they would need to pull EVERY character from EVERY game to be worth a glance. This would need to DWARF the 56 characters of MvC2. If there's 80-100 characters, I MIGHT start to get interested in 2D fighter # 29231413. So how many are in this game?

jett

D-Member
Bleh, when I saw that Dimitri sprite I thought that maybe Capcom had redone all the sprites...and then I look at Rose. Oh well, should've known

What's the fucking point of this game, anyway?

cvxfreak

jett said:
Bleh, when I saw that Dimitri sprite I thought that maybe Capcom had redone all the sprites...and then I look at Rose. Oh well, should've known

What's the fucking point of this game, anyway?

Fan service? Oh, and Yen. Dollars also accepted.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Ferrio said:
No, since high res sprites take A LOT of time, and you people never fucking buy the games to begin with.

Yeah, we don't buy 'em because they're using the same goddamn sprites from when we were in middle school!

belgurdo

Banned
neptunes said:
Once you've gone Guilty Gear...you don't go back :)

And irony of Guilty Gear is that they're going on their third game (fourth if you count Reload) and using the same sprites/animations for the old characters, but no one complains because they're in hi-res...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
belgurdo said:
And irony of Guilty Gear is that they're going on their third game (fourth if you count Reload) and using the same sprites/animations for the old characters, but no one complains because they're in hi-res...

well no shit. we dont expect them to redraw the sprites EVERY GAME. but come on capcom, youve been using the same sprites FOREVVERRRRRRR. atleast redo some so the style looks consistant.

ourumov

Ferrio said:
To go with the game theme. They're using the style/sprites from what game the character is coming from (Why chunli is 3S sprites)

The game theme ??

I'll tell ya my theory. Sunk Costs Theory.

A long time ago, a company called CAPCOM decided to make a Capcom vs SNK game. They rehashed a lot of sprites but since 75% of people uses shotos they decided to remake them...

The result was good but far away from the quality of SF 3...but they thought...hell we spend efforts on them...let's use THEM !!!!

And that's how the story ends.

Bye Bye Sf3 sprites.

Top Bottom