• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

68-Year Old Ex-Marine Shot After Accidentally Triggering His Medical Alert System

Status
Not open for further replies.
This deserves just as much attention and scrutiny as the Trayvon Martin case...but it will never get it, because the offender was wearing a badge.

Makes me sick.

commedieu

Banned
They fired electric charges from Tasers, and beanbags from shotguns.

What the fuck were they responding to?!?! Have they not seen the life alert commercials? My god. And the tough old son of a bitch went for a knife in the face of all that. Man, the fuck.

Raonak

Banned
how the fuck did that escelate to firearms. absurd.
they had tazers... how in hell did a 68 y/o man evade that?

and even if he was going for a knife. shooting him? in the fucking heart!?

“This is my sworn testimony. White Plains officers are coming in here to kill me.”
This feels like one of thoes greek self furfilling prophecies

The officers name was released, I work near White Plains and have been personally doing my best to try and track this guy down. Sick and tired of this kind of bullshit from cops.

commedieu

Banned
Uggghhh....

Dont worry..

The White Plains police department is promising a "top to bottom" review, complete with an outside legal expert, to address the use of racial slurs and all the force used in Chamberlain's death.

Its amazing you can call someone a nigg*r and murder them 5x over, then be absolved of any wrong doing.
They reviewed the tapes and say Mr. Chamberlain never brandished a weapon, but was instead clad only in boxer shorts, hands at his sides, even as officers used bolt cutters to take his apartment door off its hinges after an hour long siege on his home.

And worse, the attorneys point out three officers involved in the shooting and use of racial slurs have pending lawsuits for mistreatment of minorities and brutality.

Hahaha fucking hell. Just astounding.

Valnen

Ugh. Just want to lock myself in a bunker at this point, I don't want to be on either side of the conflict that could come from this happening all the time.

Valnen

When will people wake up? I await the day when people raise up and start killing policepersons.

It will happen if this continues, and any sane person that values their lives will not want to be a part of it, because it will get ugly.

And worse, the attorneys point out three officers involved in the shooting and use of racial slurs have pending lawsuits for mistreatment of minorities and brutality.

Bartlett continued, "The City of White Plains has chosen to hide that they have pending civil rights violations lawsuits against three officers. They will not indicate if they are working, still patrolling in the neighborhoods these crimes have occurred."

Oh this is fantastic

akira28

All they have to show is that they all 'followed procedure' without fail, and they would easily walk. Who else would there be to blame but the system, after that? House always wins. Unless someone was to push that the procedures need to be changed(and they obviously do), then this was bound to happen. Police are called, they order you to open the door, they'll never just leave without 'confirming the situation', making sure you don't have someone hostage or are locked in your house with a shotgun or something. The rudeness and all of that would be accepted because the 'suspect' wasn't cooperative. In a more civilized time, someone would have talked to this man to calm him down. But we don't have police officers anymore, we have urban troops, so they escalated the situation at every step and eventually shot this man dead. And they're blameless because this is what our system has become.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well all the cops have been cleared. But watching the video and especially hearing one of them call him the n-word really pissed me off. Seems so excessive. This is why many hate and do not trust police.

Time to riot. This is such a bullshit ruling.

SRG01

Was watching Anderson Cooper yesterday, and one of the comments was that the Grand Jury that cleared them is usually filled with older, law enforcement-type people.

On the other hand, there was also talk of some criminal charges coming down?

Kettch

Too many shitty position in every aspect of society. You think there aren't just as many asshole doctors who aren't equally guilty of essentially killiing people. It's not just confined to police.

Maybe I missed the widespread culture of doctors protecting murderous doctors and allowing them to continue in their job. Or where doctors put their own safety as the #1 priority over the patient. "Hey Doc, that guy has a disease." "What?! Better incinerate him first to make sure we're ok!"

The problem isn't that there are some bad cops. Everyone understands that that's inevitable. The problem is with how the rest of the police ignore them at best and protect them at worst. The entire system needs an overhaul. Their #1 priority also needs to be protecting the public, rather than what it is now: protecting the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom