• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Diablo 4 live event in Korea was received with nearly no viewers and live attendances

ztpqWEq.png
kd4G84X.png
iiyhKQ0.png

I remember Blizzard was super big in Korean.

Haven't even got time to check out the game while having had a blast during the beta, now the interests in game are already waning. How Blizzard is so fucking genius at screwing their own games?

PeteBull

No surprise, as a diablo fanatic(close to 10k hours spend between all games in the series, i even tried diablo immortal for an hour or two;p) who preordered game in december, and played 20h of beta on top of 150h+ after launch, game has 0 lasting power after u beat intersting story/finish sidequests/explore map.

IF grinding and itemisation is no fun any hack&slash game will be no fun either, till they fix it in some major overhaul(maybe with expack?) but for that u would literally need to fire some head dev responsible for making decisions and hire/let new one who actually likes diablo games for what they are- fun and exciting grindfest.

I repeat- its not some programmers who fucked up with decision, its person(maybe group of ppl?) who gave an OK to overall itemisation and griding systems in the game, those feel like extremly nasty chore and provide u with 0 dopamine rush, they had amazing template how to do it in d1, d2lod, poe and d2r, yet they made it even worse than in d3, much worse.

DavidGzz

The item system with all of the different ways to get bonuses needs a huge nerf. It's a headache checking what items to keep to transfer aspects to. They need to hurry that shit up too. I'm switching back to D3 this Friday.

Cyberpunkd

The item system with all of the different ways to get bonuses needs a huge nerf. It's a headache checking what items to keep to transfer aspects to. They need to hurry that shit up too. I'm switching back to D3 this Friday.
You know when you have 5 different affixes for frozen/chilled it’s either:

A. By design linked to revenue to dilute the gear further and make the grind harder
B. Incompetence

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not sure why you'd want to watch Diablo live anyway, it's not exactly a competitive RTS or whatever? I mean, sure, I sometimes watch people stream single player games, but I mean in an event setting like this.

Last edited:
The game recouped its entire development costs in mere days after release. Even if they screwed up the "as a service part" of their game it already is a financial success......
"flop"....lol.

They can take a literal dump out their ass and call it Warcraft, Diablo or Starcraft and people will flock to it and buy it. Consumers are not very smart.

The game recouped its entire development costs in mere days after release. Even if they screwed up the "as a service part" of their game it already is a financial success......
"flop"....lol.
They would have based their projections on a certain amount of engagement with the game for the next few years at least, though.

Toots

Gold Member
DON'T YOU GUYS HAVE VIEWERS?

7yyfwk.gif
As much as this gif is pertinent, this kid is much to dignified and cute to be compared with blizzard.

I find crazy that they couldn't pay 100 dudes to attend so they can keep the narrative alive...
We all know blizzard devs stopped trying a few years ago, but i wasn't expecting the marketing morons to do the same...

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
No surprise, as a diablo fanatic(close to 10k hours spend between all games in the series, i even tried diablo immortal for an hour or two;p) who preordered game in december, and played 20h of beta on top of 150h+ after launch, game has 0 lasting power after u beat intersting story/finish sidequests/explore map.

IF grinding and itemisation is no fun any hack&slash game will be no fun either, till they fix it in some major overhaul(maybe with expack?) but for that u would literally need to fire some head dev responsible for making decisions and hire/let new one who actually likes diablo games for what they are- fun and exciting grindfest.

I repeat- its not some programmers who fucked up with decision, its person(maybe group of ppl?) who gave an OK to overall itemisation and griding systems in the game, those feel like extremly nasty chore and provide u with 0 dopamine rush, they had amazing template how to do it in d1, d2lod, poe and d2r, yet they made it even worse than in d3, much worse.

I dunno, maybe putting 170+ hours into a game before getting bored with it is an okay thing?

Like, how many hours out of this $70 game are needed for it to be considered worthwhile to some gamers? I honestly don't get it.

Last edited:

PeteBull

I dunno, maybe putting 170+ hours into a game before getting bored with it is an okay thing?

Like, how many hours out of this $70 game are needed for it to be considered worthwhile to some gamers? I honestly don't get it.
I got my moneys worth, but diablo isnt a game u play and leave like most games, u dont buy it for story or graphics either, u expect to spend months/years in it, like it was in all other diablo's, hence u cant measure it like u measure normal 70$ releases.
Diablo series fans(at least many, hence u see like 90 if not 95% gamersbase leave) expected d4 to be fun not only durning story but much much longer, acti-blizz expects big chunk of playerbase to play for many months/years hence they make seasons.

Hardensoul

Gold Member
I had early access and enjoyed it! But I was still fixated on Tears of the Kingdom. Was going to comeback to D4.

But the recent patches and nerfs are a turn off!

If you've spent 1000+ hours with each of the previous entries in the series and then only get 170 out of the latest one you're probably going to be disappointed.

Yeah, you could say you got your money's worth compared to other games, but that doesn't change the fact that you didn't get what you expected. And let's face it: Blizzard didn't set out to design a game that people would drop after a few hundred hours. There's nothing they wanted more than to score a hit with people willing to invest thousands of hours, and they thought they had it in the bag. They only went the "you're not supposed to play this much" route once they realized they had fucked up and there was nothing in the game to keep that exact demographic entertained.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Diablo 4’s loot is fucking boring
No surprise to me.

2K hours in d2 / R
3K hours or so in d3

Was fucking tired if d4 in one run until level 68

Fix your fucking shit blizzard

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
The problem with D4 is the exact reason I didn't end up buying it, what the fuck is there to do in the game? farm dungeons for rng loot endlessly? sounds like a shit game to me.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Diablo 4 is really a pretty bad game. Idk why they decided to ditch everything good about 3 for this weird dull looking open worldish bore fest. 🤷‍♂️

Drizzlehell

Banned
Oh the irony, to read all those comments about how crap this game is, when mere months before you were tripping over yourself to rub your Ultimate Edition preorders in my face when I told you that this game will be a waste of time and money.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

"flop"....lol.
Only if it approaches their projections does it become financial success. If they expected long term revenue from it that doesn’t materialize, that would be a significant issue

j0hnnix

Pretty savage. i was going to jump on season 2 but just no incentive.. other games have my attention more than wanting to go back right now.

Top Bottom