• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth has been released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Join Cloud and his friends on a journey across the planet in search of Sephiroth, experiencing the captivating story and thrilling combat, in FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH.The highly anticipated new standalone story in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY VII remake project, winner of Most Anticipated game at The Game Awards, will release on February 29th, 2024 for the PlayStation®5 (PS5™) console.For more information, please visit the official product page and social channels.

Square Enix has released a new trailer for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth titled “Destined for Rebirth,” as well as new information and screenshots introducing Cait Sith, Elena, Captain Titov, and Yuffie.

Get the details below.

■ Key Artwork

■ Regions of the World

The world of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is comprised of multiple regions. Each boasts unique environments for you to explore. Let’s take a look at a couple now:
Starboard Junon

An urban residential zone within the fortified metropolis overlooking the ocean. In addition to housing for Shinra personnel, high-end boutiques and restaurants line its streets.
Currently, preparations are underway here for Rufus Shinra’s presidential inauguration parade.
Shinra-8

A Shinra cruise ship that ferries travelers between the planet’s eastern and western continents. After departing the port of Junon, it heads for the resort town of Costa del Sol.
As part of the on-board entertainment, the ship plays host to a Queen’s Blood tournament.
■ New Characters
Cait Sith & Moogle

This gregarious cat fights from atop his sturdy moogle mount, who provides both mobility and support during battle.
When Cait’s not duking it out, his high-tech helper aids him in hacking computer systems and telling fortunes.

Elena (voiced by Piper Reese in English, Megumi Toyoguchi in Japanese)

Though she may be a rookie, she’s as skilled with her fists and a gun as anyone else in the Turks unit of Shinra’s General Affairs Division.
She and her partner Rude are tasked with pursuing the black-robed figures, which she is more than happy to do if it means being assigned a mission with Tseng.

Captain Titov (voiced by Tsuyoshi Koyama in Japanese)

The captain of the Shinra-8, responsible for overseeing safe passage for all who travel between Junon and Costa del Sol. He’s earned a sterling reputation among his crew, thanks to his unerring devotion to his duties.
This is most evident during the various festivities held aboard his vessel, which he personally—and passionately—emcees.

■ Combat
Next up, let’s take a look at what some of the new additions to the party can do in battle!
◆ Yuffie

Basic Attacks
Yuffie quickly strikes enemies with a large throwing star. The speed with which she attacks allows you to charge ATB faster than most.
While her throwing star is out, Yuffie can unleash magic-infused “ninjutsu” to punish foes.

Abilities
Yuffie excels at chaining her attacks together and switching their elemental affinity.
Her Doppelgänger ability allows her to attack in tandem with her clone, enabling her to exploit enemies’ weaknesses even more effectively.

Unique Ability
Hurling her throwing star at enemies allows Yuffie to keep up the pressure from adistance.
While her throwing star’s out, she can also pelt her foes with ninjutsu. Whatever element her target’s weak against, Yuffie has a ninjutsu spell for it.

◆ Cait Sith
Basic Attacks

Cait Sith darts about the battlefield with the agility of an acrobat (or perhaps a cat?), assailing enemies from every side.
When he wants to switch things up, he brings out his moogle pal, changing his attacks.

Abilities
These Cait Sith-exclusive moves can hurt enemies or buff allies, but most rely on luck in some way.
“Let’s Ride!,” however, allows him to hop on his moogle, enhancing his regular attacks and his unique abilities.

Unique Abilities
While riding his moogle, Cait Sith can give enemies the boot with Dropkick.
Once his moogle’s attacks have filled the Moogle Meter, he can also buff his companions with abilities like “Defense!”

◆ Synergy Abilities
Synergy abilities are powerful attacks in which two characters team up to turn the tide of battle. More abilities will unlock as you increase the party level – a numerical expression of how closely-knit your team is—and deepen the affinity between party members.
Fill the synergy gauge by using abilities, then unleash a synchronized assault!
Moogle Pinwheel (Synergy Ability / Yuffie and Cait Sith)
Yuffie and Cait Sith attack in tandem with a secret ninja technique.
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is due out for PlayStation 5 on February 29.

Last edited:

Davesky

Imagine what happens that is being strongly implied in the trailers and still ends the same way at the end of the Forgotten Capital.

How Bout Both GIF by Joey Bada$$

There's a month and a half left until it comes out and I already have the platinum trophy for the game with so much that they have already shown xDD.

Madflavor

This is why even back during all the controversy toward it not being an actual "Remake", I thought the ending was brilliant. Because both old fans and new are going into Rebirth not knowing for sure where the story is going to go.

Day One for me. Taking time off of work.

//DEVIL//

bad ass trailer.

I want to play it so bad. but ... i am seeing its only exclusive for 3 months ? I wonder if its a better idea to wait and get it on PC then.

but then again that 3 months can be extended. not sure what to do .

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
FF7 remake was good, cloud felt like a hero and didn’t stutter and is what I signed up for.

Tahj

Timely. Great little hype trailer! Just started a new playthrough of Crisis Core Reunion yesterday. Hoping to get through it, FFVIIR, & Integrade in time for Rebirth =)

Comandr

3 month exclusivity and then it comes to PC?
Probably more like 1 year exclusivity then 6 months EGS exclusive. See you November 2025!

Trailer looked great. Trying to contain my hype but it's not working well.

Last edited:

nikos

Trailer still says "Not available on other formats until at least 05.29.2024."

I realize that says AT LEAST, but I wonder if the PC version is closer than we think. I'm tempted to wait a couple of months to see if anything is announced even though I'm a massive Final Fantasy fan.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Trailer still says "Not available on other formats until at least 05.29.2024."

I realize that says AT LEAST, but I wonder if the PC version is closer than we think. I'm tempted to wait a couple of months to see if anything is announced even though I'm a massive Final Fantasy fan.
Do we have sales data on how many bought FF7R on Console vs PC and maybe that will influence their decision?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Can someone please explain to me all these different versions of FF?

I bought the original FF7 and the remake now there ar like 13 versions remix etc which does nothing but confuse anyone looking to play the series.

DO I need to buy rebirth, Crisis core, ETC ETC when I have the 7 Remake? Is it only part of the game?

Can someone please explain to me all these different versions of FF?

I bought the original FF7 and the remake now there ar like 13 versions remix etc which does nothing but confuse anyone looking to play the series.

DO I need to buy rebirth, Crisis core, ETC ETC when I have the 7 Remake? Is it only part of the game?

Play FF7 original
Watch Advent Children (movie)
Play Crisis Core Reunion
Play FF7R
Play FF7R Intermission

That’s everything with any real relevance. You don’t NEED Advent Children or Crisis Core but they’ll help a lot.

DonF

im kinda out of the loop with this game, will the progress on the first one make any difference ??

Top Bottom