• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A New Turok Game is in development by Saber Interactive, Final Fantasy 9 Remake indeed in the works

Draugoth

Gold Member
5289-1.jpg

A High Budget Turok Game seems to be in development by Saber interactive (Warhammer Space Marine) according to a leaked Epic Games Store listing, a new entry for the game hasn't beenreleased since 2008 when Propaganda Games tried to reboot the franchise.

remake-de-final-fantasy-ix-pode-ser-anunciado-pela-square-enix-na-tokyo-game-show-2023-096290.jpg

Final Fantasy 9 Remake could be considered Square Enix's worst-kept secret, as the internet has been abuzz with leaks and rumors regarding the reportedly upcoming game. Rliable leakers made it even more likely that the long-awaited Final Fantasy remake is on the way.

Whomever ,the new the Epic listing also pretty much confirms the very rumored development of Final Fantasy 9 Remake is indeed in development under the codename Momo, the confirmation is thanks to two sub entries that mentions "tetra master starter pack" and "thief's knives" a clearly reference to Final Fantasy 9.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Are they the ones making Space Marine 2?

Hell ya

Love how they said NEW GAME and not REMAKE

Last edited:

violence

Gold Member
Will it be more call of duty or boomer shooter?

Will it have a T-Rex with a fricking laserbeam attached to its fricking head?

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
Is this the same Saber that's working on the Jurassic Park: Survival game? If it is, talk about efficiency with the assets!

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Holy grammar and spelling Draugoth Draugoth , I know your threads are normally fucked up with those things (even though I appreciate your contributions regardless) in the title mostly, this one is just a damn mess lol

Last edited:

Ceadeus

That's cool. By the way, the original trilogy is for pre order on Xbox at limited run games for anyone interested. You can also get the slip cover for 10$

March Climber

Gold Member
I still can’t believe that the future of other FF remakes being greenlit might actually depend on the success or failure of FF9.

I am extremely worried about this.

Good for Saber, but I would like them to first complete Painkiller game and Kotor Remake they previously announced
Now wait a minute, is this the same kotor that was cancelled, and everyone celebrated because we knew it would be bullshit? (certain dev members had pernicious intents) I only know saber for snowrunner and for that, I think they can do dinosaurs, but I dont know about jedi junk.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Now wait a minute, is this the same kotor that was cancelled, and everyone celebrated because we knew it would be bullshit? (certain dev members had pernicious intents) I only know saber for snowrunner and for that, I think they can do dinosaurs, but I dont know about jedi junk.
Yes and no. The original project that turned out to be such a shitshow was in development at Aspyr. Later on it was cancelled and moved to Saber. According to rumors they are redoing it over from the ground up

Yes and no. The original project that turned out to be such a shitshow was in development at Aspyr. Later on it was cancelled and moved to Saber. According to rumors they are redoing it over from the ground up
The same aspyr that did tomb raider remasters huh? They hired a guy who was already working on opensource remasters to do the heavy lifting.. and at some point, whether it was crystal dynamics, also wanted to shame the very project they were profiting from. This gaming industry is full of beguilement!

Anywho, good for saber to inherit several good projects

DAHGAMING

Love the Turok games, im a 36yr old who grew up on FPS so im buzzing over here, I have played all the Turok games and gave up hope for any future releases along time ago. I love FPS there seemed to be abit of a revival after Doom 2016, then it died down again, now it looks like were back on the roids and yayo brothers 💪💪💪.

Love the Turok games, im a 36yr old who grew up on FPS so im buzzing over here, I have played all the Turok games and gave up hope for any future releases along time ago. I love FPS there seemed to be abit of a revival after Doom 2016, then it died down again, now it looks like were back on the roids and yayo brothers 💪💪💪.
Died down my ass, boomer shooters have been rising up from every graveyard in town!!

Dazraell

Gold Member
The same aspyr that did tomb raider remasters huh? They hired a guy who was already working on opensource remasters to do the heavy lifting.. and at some point, whether it was crystal dynamics, also wanted to shame the very project they were profiting from. This gaming industry is full of beguilement!

Anywho, good for saber to inherit several good projects
Aspyr is a quite bizarre company, to say the least. Tomb Raider Remastered was a huge success, but they also released that shitty Battlfront 1 and 2 collection in the same year as well. Kotor Remake was supposed to be their first major high profile project and well, it turned out the way it did. Rumors said it was so bad that Sony backed out from the publishing deal after seeing their demo lol

Either way, the same source who mentioned this thing about Aspyr mentioned that Saber took over this project about two years ago and were quietly working on it ever since. There were some other sources who mentioned the same rumors and this was recently officially confirmed by Saber CEO

Aspyr is a quite bizarre company, to say the least. Tomb Raider Remastered was a huge success, but they also released that shitty Battlfront 1 and 2 collection in the same year as well. Kotor Remake was supposed to be their first major high profile project and well, it turned out the way it did. Rumors said it was so bad that Sony backed out from the publishing deal after seeing their demo lol

Either way, the same source who mentioned this thing about Aspyr mentioned that Saber took over this project about two years ago and were quietly working on it ever since. There were some other sources who mentioned the same rumors and this was recently officially confirmed by Saber CEO
Damn, thats some intriguing info. Thanks buddy. Imagine having another dev company in your shadow, ultimately taking over your busy work and then overshadowing you in the end. Could be this part of that foretold pendulum?

Hudo

Gold Member
My dream is that someday Retro Studios would make a new Turok game. I know it would never happen, but that’s why it’s a dream.
That would be wholesome since, afaik, Retro Studios were at least founded out of the remnants of the original Turok devs.

StueyDuck

to modernise turok, i imagine something akin to the likes of Human heads prey, except more of an influence on platforming.

and obviously dinos added in.

Killer8

Hopefully Turok is good. The last one was pure crap but everyone had to pretend it wasn't since one of the devs was a mod on old GAF.

Hopefully they keep the inspired looks of the originals and the over the top physics with explosions. I loved hitting people with explosives in the original. The scream and height at which they flew was comical and great.

Last edited:
Hopefully Turok is good. The last one was pure crap but everyone had to pretend it wasn't since one of the devs was a mod on old GAF.

I only made it 20 minutes in that game because the FOV was so bad. And you can't adjust it that much without totally breaking a bunch of stuff in the game.

violence

Gold Member
Resolution and performance mode should be called “Expansion pack” and “No expansion pack”. You’re welcome.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

Man, I understand why, but I'm still disappointed at SE remaking FF9 instead of FF8.

I feel like Ff9 was a complete game. It came out the oven perfectly cooked.

FF8 feel like it had all the ingredients there for a good meal, but bearly came out done.

FF 8 has so much more to gain from a remake then FF9.

But I popularity trumps all. 😭

Poordevil

Oh geeze! Turok on N64 was the first video game I ever played. First time I ever picked up a controller. There I was in the midst of a jungle surrounded and being attacked by enemies. I figured out how to move my guy and shoot back! The whole experience was too intense. The sound effects, the music, the howling and screaming. Remember the fog? Couldn't see very far ahead in that steamy jungle.

turok 1 and 2 were awesome, the rest sucked.

hope it's a tight, wild, and gory shooting experience that has crazy weapons and varied environments.
not some wide open green field with roaming dinos w/ and bunch of "bad ass" melee moves, ugh.

Top Bottom