• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Soccer Mom's Review of GTA: San Andreas

VerTiGo

Banned
http://www.gamersmark.com/articles/169/

I have never been so appalled in my life. Today, while I was neglecting my children and watching the latest episode of Alias, I came by a news break commercial about a horrible horrible horrible game that had been re-rated by something called the "ESRB." Upon further research, I had learned that by giving players the option to do whatever they please in a made up world of lust, sex, violence, and drugs, GTA: San Andreas has made its strike on America’s morality, which can never be healed.

I definitely found this somewhat amusing.

This is a satire about the way a certain "parent" would look upon a video game. It’s written as if it was for a site that was run by mothers who denounce controversial video games based on third party information rather than actually experiencing it themselves, and making rash judgments about things they have little knowledge about. The name of this "mother" is Soccer Mom Dave.

http://www.gamersmark.com/articles/169/

nice read :D

dog$

Hates quality gaming
deceived.jpg

Diablos

Ok Soccer Mom. And when you watch CSI with your kids and the show starts out with a rape victim whose face cannot even be identified because her face was blown off and there are flies swarming around it, try and tell me that's any better than GTA:SA.

People get so pissed off over this game. It's not even that realistic...

VerTiGo

Banned
OpinionatedCyborg said:
SAY IT IZN'T SO!!! =0 =0

EDIT: Vertigo, I hope you didn't write that. If you did, this is a serious case of over the top self-promotion :)

No, it wasn't done by me.

much like that MIdway Madden joke, it started off pretty funny, especially the neglecting my children line, but twoards the end it started to feel much to forced. Fairly funny.

TheDiave

Banned
"MY nine year old will just have to do with his other games like Manhunt, Killer 7, Killzone..."
Holy fucking Christ. Is this a review written as someone pretending to be a soccer mom, or a real one? Because if it's a real one, what a dumb fucking douchebag. Nothing in GTA:SA comes close to touching the sadistic, vicious shit that happens in Manhunt; Especially of the content in SA you can access without a cheat device/hack to begin with.

TheDiave said:
Holy fucking Christ. Is this a review written as someone pretending to be a soccer mom, or a real one? Because if it's a real one, what a dumb fucking douchebag. Nothing in GTA:SA comes close to touching the sadistic, vicious shit that happens in Manhunt; Especially of the content in SA you can access without a cheat device/hack to begin with.

Allow me to quote the ACTUAL ARTICLE ITSELF

This is a satire about the way a certain "parent" would look upon a video game. It’s written as if it was for a site that was run by mothers who denounce controversial video games based on third party information rather than actually experiencing it themselves, and making rash judgments about things they have little knowledge about. The name of this "mother" is Soccer Mom Dave.

Notice the word Satire

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
A MILF's review of GTA San Andreas.

Hey Chris, my son Bobby is at football practice. Maybe you can help me get through this mission. I have to drive a stolen car to my cousin's house. I don't know how to control this game. And it's hot in here. Mind if I take off my blouse?

Top Bottom