• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Trump supporter insulted Patton Oswalt's late wife, which prompted him to respond..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pillville

3rxptB6.jpg

Sorry, but I completely agree with Patton on this.

Rayis

The part about Trump supporters getting violently upset at kindness is so true, I heard a lady at work say "all these liberals bitching about Trump need to be thrown into the ocean and die" just because she watched the SAG awards with all the celebrities expressing solidarity towards the refugees and immigrants.

The part about Trump supporters getting violently upset at kindness is so true, I heard a lady at work say "all these liberals bitching about Trump need to be thrown into the ocean and die" just because she watched the SAG awards with all the celebrities expressing solidarity towards the refugees and immigrants.

I think your HR department needs to know about that.

opoth

Banned
I absolutely agree with Patton, as someone who could probably be labeled an SJW (it's all in the eye of the beholder)

I don't want to derail the thread, but Trump won this thing because we made it all too easy to be painted as some kind of caricature. There's still people that are unwilling to punch a Nazi and that says everything that needs to be said about it.

diaspora

jeez, what would HR think

hint hint

The Steve Martin tweet was fine. Bill Maher ripped on this the other day as part of the problem, that obsessive political correctness is part of what got a madman elected. He made fun of a while series of tweets that famous people had to back peddle on and grovel for forgiveness.

There is a point at which it gets too politically correct.

Aiii

So not worth it
People like me? What are you saying?

Steve Martin tweeted a well intentioned thing about Carrie Fischer, but came across incredibly misguided and creepy, and Patton Oswalt came to his defense blaming "SJWs".

The tweets:

As others have said, Patton was on point here.

Dude Abides

Banned
Caring about that Steve Martin tweet in either direction should give you pause about how much time you're spending on Twitter.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Fuck those assholes, and it's good that prick got fired. Going straight for the dead wife joke IMMEDIATELY? Trump really has opened the floodgates for horrible behavior.

Trump's parking lot carnival of an administration
Oh, this one is good.

That's a little extreme. I hope he learns sympathy and empathy, but I'd hate for his children to suffer.

He attacked a widower for no reason. He deserves no sympathy, as he is an unapologetic piece of shit. Most pieces of shit teach their children to be the same. Can't give a shit about taking the high ground anymore. They don't.

shiba5

Very true. The amount of hate you see to any positive tweet is staggering. I can call Trump all kinds of names all day and it won't elicit a reaction.

The peaceful women's march sent them into an absolute rage. I had female Trumpers on my Facebook feed just seething. It was certainly something to see.

Also, how else are you supposed to treat these shit stains? They dog pile and try to silence anyone who who isn't a Trump supporter.
He lost his job because he's an asshole. Boo hoo.

Patton is amazing. Those tweets were savage and hilarious. That realtor is a real piece of shit and deserves everything that comes his way.

And I actually agree with Patton's SJW tweet. Not a fan when that term is misused, which is often, but it made sense when referring to the misplaced overreactions caused by Steve Martin's completely innocent tweet.

BFIB

It's stuff like this that is pushing me to give up social media all together. It's become a cesspool.

And Oswalt is quickly becoming my favorite person on this planet.

RinsFury

Nice work, Patton. I'm glad he got that scumbag Trump supporter fired, here's to many more in the days to come. Hateful nazi trolls need to realize that internet trolling carries real life consequences.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I love Patton. He ate that dude's heart. Good.

This is how you fight these bigots. Make them lose some skin. It is not acceptable to be a piece of human trash because the president is.
I mean, dude got what he deserved but you can't really do this too an anonymous egg or anime character. Plus it's not like this dude is gonna vote different next election, so we gained nothing from it other than laughs. Which is fine, but it's not the perfect solution.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
As if the language itself -- the grammar of thoughtfulness -- lands in their guts like glass shards. Empathy and understanding literally feel like an attack to them.
"Grammar of thoughtfulness" - may need to use that.

Amazing insight overall and equally amazing takedown of Brust.

Kinyou

People like me? What are you saying?

Steve Martin tweeted a well intentioned thing about Carrie Fischer, but came across incredibly misguided and creepy, and Patton Oswalt came to his defense blaming "SJWs".

The tweets:
People who got upset at Martin's super harmless tweet probably fit the original meaning of "sjw" pretty well. I don't see an issue with what Patton said.

Selddon

Banned
He got fired, it amazes me how stupid some people can be. Why risk your career just to tell off some celebrity on twitter?

I love Patton. He ate that dude's heart. Good.

I mean, dude got what he deserved but you can't really do this too an anonymous egg or anime character. Plus it's not like this dude is gonna vote different next election, so we gained nothing from it other than laughs. Which is fine, but it's not the perfect solution.

Not that I advocate doxxing, but these bigots tend to have easy to follow trails.

He got fired, it amazes me how stupid some people can be. Why risk your career just to tell off some celebrity on twitter?

I imagine that like so many, he simply felt secure in posting whatever he wanted, certain that nothing would come of it other than getting the chance to tell some liberal celebrity how much he sucks.

Hazmat

I saw these as they were going out and was laughing to myself about one of them all day and couldn't remember the phrasing. They've all been deleted it seems, so I'm glad someone saved them. "Sorry I divorced you for my acupuncturist. Here's a grey shitbox for you to die in." just cracks me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom