• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Xbox influencers and Ambassadors pulling support over multiplatform rumours

Could be worse, their identity could be based on gender or genitals.
SITEasdasddd get GIF

Oh wait. This isn't retardEra....

Coming from someone who played sports at the highest level all I can say is people are true fanatics and honestly never really considered this before until I had a friend tell me he doesn't follow sports teams to him Xbox is where his devotion lies
Its called Stockholm Syndrome.

Danknugz

embarrassing, things like this are why i hide the fact that i play video games from any of my professional colleagues and family

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'm more convinced than ever that Heisenberg is Larry Bird. Lol.
Lets Go Fan GIF by NBA
Funny thing I know Larry very well, his home in French Lick is literally 20 minutes from my home in Jasper

We have been at so many of the same functions

Funny story of him winning the MVP one year

He walked into the local Jasper IN Jeep dealer one night and picked out a new Wrangler and told them the NBA was paying for since he won the MVP and sure enough the NBA sent this dealer the check

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I was listening to it last night when Geoff joined the chat and honestly, it was just fucking embarrassing listening to grown men practically cry. The same people that once were laughing at the fact MS owns activation and Bethesda and Sony were not getting "X" game.

We don't even know the full story of whats happening and these guys went straight into full panic mode

Where was this, some podcast? I want to hear it, lol.

XXL

Funny thing I know Larry very well, his home in French Lick is literally 20 minutes from my home in Jasper

We have been at so many of the same functions

Funny story of him winning the MVP one year

He walked into the local Jasper IN Jeep dealer one night and picked out a new Wrangler and told them the NBA was paying for since he won the MVP and sure enough the NBA sent this dealer the check
Sweet. Larry is badass and doesn't get enough credit in the current GOAT conversations.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
People are crazy

Have mentioned this before but someone pushed my wife and baby to the ground seeing her in a grocery store after I blew a save the night before and threatened to kill us all if we didn't leave town

On a team that had ZERO chance of making the playoffs

Holy shit, dude! That's mental. It's awful that happened! What a POS that person was!

Fandom is a crazy thing. This last week, I have seen that gaming fandom is at the level of high level sports. They live and breath for their favourite "sports" team. Invest in all the merch and laugh and cry at the expense of others.

I think this week has really shined a light on the negativity of these lunatics and I honestly dont think it will ever be the same. My eyes have been opened up to the insanity of some of these shills/fans.

Last edited:

kensama

I love that they tried to squeeze Sony with the Series S and X, but Sony put out a 399 machine with full specs right in the middle, even if the DE wasn't as mass produced as the disc version. I can only imagine the reaction from the Xbox team at that announcement and the realization once the games and the benchmarks started to arrive.
it was fun because they don't learn from PS4 and the Cerny's sorcerer ;)

kensama

As a failing brand, Microsoft has leaned on influencers for years. Sony absolutely uses influencers but not to the same degree. It's absolutely a cult and Phil Spencer is the head of a cult of personality, whereas, no one REALLY cares who is in charge at Sony. Most Sony leadership gets a lot of flack until they leave and then they're revered by fanboys after the fact.
That's because Sony's Studios deliver most advanced graphics game and for most of them iconic IP (and don't stalk with the same three IP compared to Microsoft)
Xbox since Halo, Gears and Forza have nothing comparable to.

IMO

Last edited:

onQ123

I was listening to it last night when Geoff joined the chat and honestly, it was just fucking embarrassing listening to grown men practically cry. The same people that once were laughing at the fact MS owns activation and Bethesda and Sony were not getting "X" game.

We don't even know the full story of whats happening and these guys went straight into full panic mode
Let them suffer lol

They think what they say goes in terms of fan opinion, the arrogance of that is laughable.

I’d love to read some private correspondence between some of these , I’d wager a number of them are not genuine fans and more about the social side of things.

When they say engagement, that’s not about game pass, it’s about making a few dollars from the gullible. Sickens me what they are doing to the community.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

There is nothing strange about this behavior. The guy is talking to his wife about how he has split up with Xbox and compared it to him cheating on his wife.

If his wife sounds anything like him, then I'd wager she's already cheating on him, not because shes married to him, but because shes very very easily tricked.

One example: every day at work she submits to a vagina check from one of her coworkers, he tells her he has to perform the check with this penis for hygiene reasons. She thanks him every day for keeping her right.

Thats one example.

Shin-Ra

Let them suffer lol

200.webp

But he draws like a young child.

u8yXXI9.jpg

The crazy part is Xbox actively cultivated this clown circus, and is now staying quiet while they publicly melt down.

Wildest PR shit-show I've ever seen, no doubt.

How can you take anyone serious whose nick means "toilet seat" in English? Just imagine that guy meeting all kinds of Xbox managers and constantly telling them "Yes, I'm Toilet Seat, happy to finally meet you!"
Even after all these years, Hollis is still sorry he named the gun thusly: “I do slightly regret naming such a poor weapon after him, since I am tremendously fond of the man. He is astonishingly enthusiastic about games, even after years of working in the industry. It’s a little unfair that we named such a useless weapon after him. And for that I am sorry.”

The original plan was for Darkside to finish the vertical slice by December, but after some struggles, they convinced Microsoft to extend the deadline to January. One particularly strange moment for Darkside happened around then, when Microsoft’s Ken Lobb said on a podcast that Phantom Dust would be “about a 30-hour JRPG.” The developers were baffled. That was never part of their plan. “Nobody knew he was gonna say that,” said one Darkside staffer. “We were told by people at Microsoft that Ken just does things like that.”
Ow now I remember this. They said this in the Xbox One X presentation right?
The “Terrifying Clarity” and “Almost Unfair” is so fucking cringe that I can’t believe they put that on the wall. Its like children on a schoolyard making up these talking points
I couldn’t find the original source of that photo but some things are so awe inspiring they go into a special offline ‘lol’ archive.

usp84

Funny how these people lose their minds at the slightest rumour a game may be played by more people(which is what their "pal" Phil is all about after all) but celebrated when other consoles owners wouldn't be able to play their games after the major acquisitions.

Three

Funny how these people lose their minds at the slightest rumour a game may be played by more people(which is what their "pal" Phil is all about after all) but celebrated when other consoles owners wouldn't be able to play their games after the major acquisitions.
Those same people were against everything exclusive before, including some damn dlc skins, and championing playing wherever players want, but now they're not happy that others get to play some timed exclusive game wherever they want.

Last edited:
That's because Sony's Studios deliver most advanced graphics game and for most of them iconic IP (and don't stalk with the same three IP compared to Microsoft)
Xbox since Halo, Gears and Forza have nothing comparable to.

IMO

Outside of Halo they've had nothing. Even Gears and Forza would be middling franchises for Sony.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'm listening to a twitter space Timdog is hosting right now. The guest speakers on this podcast are producing some of the most cringe worthy content I've heard in a long time.

evanft

The first post in this thread really should be exhibit 1 in a debate about why democracy is a bad idea. Holy shit. Imagine being an Xbox fanboy after 14 years of mostly mediocre-to-bad releases.

Top Bottom