• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A very looooong row for Death Stranding :

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
4611058-your%20dumb.gif

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
But it's released on the 8th?
Oh it is an event

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
It's an event to see Kojima.

The game still isn't even in the top 5 on UK Amazon (Typically, big games are at 1 or 2 a week before release).

I will make a bet that it never hits Number 1 in the UK charts.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
do you think the PC version announcement has affected this?

I don't know. I assume that it's because it's releasing during the usual COD holiday window.

It just doesn't seem like a mainstream game. Outside of forums like this, I just don't see anyone talking about it.

Porcile

Weebs lining up for the chance to see a Japanese man for first time. Imagine if it was a woman. Riots on the street no doubt.

Wink

The game still isn't even in the top 5 on UK Amazon (Typically, big games are at 1 or 2 a week before release).

Are UK charts weekly? Cause if they are monthly, Pokemon releases a week later and you already have won the bet. If it's weekly it only has NFS Heat to fear, wouldn't be so sure it won't top that.

dirthead

Banned
People are such idiots I'm expecting it to be the best selling PS4 product of all time (notice I said product and not game because it's not a game).

Kagey K

Banned
This doesn’t seem like a queue for a Death Stranding.

Its seems like its more people standing in a line to meet Kojima.

Unless you believe everyone standing there is because they love Death Stranding and are buying it on a 1:1 ratio.

Shaqazooloo

I wouldn't go that far, maybe it'll have a low debut unit wise but i'll be shocked if it's not at the top of UK charts considering what sells there and the overall strength of the Playstation brand in the UK.

Kadayi

Banned
do you think the PC version announcement has affected this?

I was kind of surprised they came out with that reveal before the PS release it has to be said, but I wouldn't have thought it would have a huge impact, as the Kojima faithful are likely all Pre-order/Day One and he has a lot of goodwill going on. Dependent on how positive the actual consumer word of mouth is beyond the usual 10/10 best game evar!!! rabidness, the real question is over the long tail audience and whether within that demographic there's a lot of people who are happy to hold off until the PC release.

Kagey K

Banned
I was kind of surprised they came out with that reveal before the PS release it has to be said, but I wouldn't have thought it would have a huge impact, as the Kojima faithful are likely all Pre-order/Day One and he has a lot of goodwill going on. Dependent on how positive the actual consumer word of mouth is beyond the usual 10/10 best game evar!!! rabidness, the real question is over the long tail audience and whether within that demographic there's a lot of people who are happy to hold off until the PC release.
It was announced forever ago, just Sony decided to delete the announcement after.

Everyone knew it was coming to PC before we even knew the name. It will be just as uninteresting on your PC as it was on PlayStation. so yay.

Kadayi

Banned
It was announced forever ago, just Sony decided to delete the announcement after.

I could have sworn with the initial reveal with the whales etc they just said PS4 tbh, but I'll take your word if that wasn't the case. I largely tuned out after that as I'm PC Master race, though I've been enjoying the perplexing trailers and the impressive landscapes from afar when they're cropped up.

It will be just as uninteresting on your PC as it was on PlayStation. so yay.

I must admit I'm kind of surprised at some the hostile press reactions, but it does sound like this game might not gel with everyone in terms of what it's going for. From where I'm sat it looks intriguing but if it does turn out to just be Interdimensional Fed Ex Delivery Man it's fair to say my interest may have cooled.

Kagey K

Banned
I could have sworn with the initial reveal with the whales etc they just said PS4 tbh, but I'll take your word if that wasn't the case. I largely tuned out after that as I'm PC Master race, though I've been enjoying the perplexing trailers and the impressive landscapes from afar when they're cropped up.
They specifically said and PC in many of those interviews. Somehow they all got deleted later.

This is why the confusion.

Fushitsusha

Banned
This doesn’t seem like a queue for a Death Stranding.

Its seems like its more people standing in a line to meet Kojima.

Unless you believe everyone standing there is because they love Death Stranding and are buying it on a 1:1 ratio.
If they like Kojima enough to wait in a line, then yeah they are probably buying Death Stranding by Hideo Kojima.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
PC ramblings was making the rounds at Death Stranding's reveal actually...…..The thing about this official announcement being made before the PS4 version releases is good.......That is what you call transparency, if that was not made known, people would complain that Kojima fooled them into buying a PS4 version when a PC version was coming...…...Lets not kid ourselves, some people would make a shitstorm out of this if Kojima announced the PC version maybe 1 week after the PS4 version's release.....

I'm just glad with the review scores and the PC announcement, that the interest in Kojima's next game is so huge, which I had no doubt of...……..As I said in my thread of DS's projected success......I think Death Stranding will be Awesome, Innovative and will Sell a Tonne.

rolandss

I dunno but the reviews of this game have me really interested. My favourite parts of open world games are not the combat but walking through the world and seeing something, this game sounds cathartic

thelastword

Banned
I dunno but the reviews of this game have me really interested. My favourite parts of open world games are not the combat but walking through the world and seeing something, this game sounds cathartic
Yes, for a new IP, DS is in a good place…….People are giving it 10/10's and saying it's fresh, innovative and one of the best games made......Others are not so plum with glee, so you have two extremes...….What we can at least observe here is that the good-great reviews are significantly higher than the Stevivor bottomed-out reviews....

Even before these reviews, I guess people were already convinced of whether they would be buying this game or not......If a 71% Days Gone did so well and has such a following and glowing recommendations after the dust settled.......Kojima's DS is gonna light a sales fire of 15 million leagues.....when all is said and done...

#Phonepunk#

Banned
ive just started putting DS threads on ignore every time i see them. sorry, OP. maybe ill talk to u in another thread about something else.

im just sick of this. i don't care if it will flop or not. i don't care if everyone else on Earth hates the game. what other people do is of no concern to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom