• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About to experience RPG Nirvana for the 4th time.

skies03.jpg

That's right. Tomorrow Skies of Arcadia enters my Dreamcast one more time. The utlimate battles await me as I help Vyse and crew become the best air pirates around. Dont believe me? Dont agree?

skies-of-arcadia-2.jpg

Fuck you.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I should probably crack down on my $10 SoAL copy sometime. Played it for like 3 hours and got side tracked...

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
MrAngryFace said:
I will never betray my dreamcast for a lesser console.

Sorry, but besides the VMU collect quest, the Gamecube version is slightly better.

And this is coming from a DIE HARD Dreamcast fan.

I can only give a 'huzzah!' for the battle system if it's the same one used in the gamecube 'legends' version of the same title...

Too bad about Aika, though.. psychotic murderess. "That was fun!", indeed! You just killed a bunch of people, you little bitch. For God's Sakes! Where's your humanity!? Where's your remorse at the sad conditions of our barbaric times?!

Great game, though. Near the top of my list!

miyuru

:lol I have an unplayed 'Cube copy as well...I promised I'd get around to it this summer, but uh, well, ah well :p

I loved this game...the battles, the story, the graphics, the ship battles, everything about it was just amazing to me. I was so sad when it was over :(

i want a second one you Overworks bastards !!!!

methodman

Banned
dreamcast version is so great. all the random battles. less sidequests! One word to describe this game? SPECTACULAR... YES.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Sea-Dragon said:
Too bad about Aika, though.. psychotic murderess. "That was fun!", indeed! You just killed a bunch of people, you little bitch. For God's Sakes! Where's your humanity!? Where's your remorse at the sad conditions of our barbaric times?!

That's what made her so hot :p

Birbo

One of my top three all-time RPGs. Haven't played it in years (damn gaming back-up!). Remember the first time having to fight one of those huge elementals (or whatever the hell they were...it HAS been too long) I thought "Aw hell no! This is awesome!"

Enjoy MAF!

Link1110

Remember the first time having to fight one of those huge elementals (or whatever the hell they were...it HAS been too long) I thought "Aw hell no! This is awesome!"

The 2 heads? I beat that battle by pure luck. They didn't use the combo attack. That attack always annihilated my party.

But the game was great, the ship battles were awesome. they need to use the SoA engine to make a Star Trek RPG.

Skullkid

Finished the DC version when it came out; played about 10 hours of the GC version. I must say I think the DC version is better simply because of the music quality. The GC version seems muffled and not as robust. Awesome game all-around though.

jman2050

Skullkid said:
Finished the DC version when it came out; played about 10 hours of the GC version. I must say I think the DC version is better simply because of the music quality. The GC version seems muffled and not as robust. Awesome game all-around though.

I was waiting for this post or any derivation thereof. Now I can laugh freely.

*laughs at Skullkid*

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The VGA box graphics alone are worth putting up with the tons of random encounters in the DC version (which was only really on the world map, anyways)

BenT

jman2050 said:

*laughs at Skullkid*
He's right, though (jerkface). The GameCube's music is noticeably lower quality, as are the graphics -- lots of dithering that wasn't present on DC. So yeah, GC is superior only in content, and from what I played that new bounty hunter chick didn't add a whole lot.

argon

I played SoA on the DC with the VGA box.. it was gorgeous.. one of my favorite RPGs ever. should I get it on the GC as well? Am I missing out on anything special in the GC version? I saw it on sale for $14, and I'm debating whether to pick it up.

Skullkid

Why laugh? The music is much of what made the game so enjoyable, at least to me. During some of the ship battles, the sound effects completely drown out the tunes. Is it asking too much to have a high-quality soundtrack, especially with such brilliant music?

By all means, anyone that has not played SoA should play the GC version.

Finaika

You're absolutely right MAF, RPG Nirvana... my favourite game ever!

Though I only played through it once :(

Top Bottom