• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About to experience RPG Nirvana for the 4th time.

Bobety

Awesome, awesome game- My favourite GC title :D

I've wanted to play it again for ages but I don't have the patience for it anymore :(

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I have only 2 favorite "traditional" RPG's and this is one of them. The other, of course:
Final-Fantasy-II.gif

And yeah, I still prefer the DC version better though I own Legends as well. It's the sound and overall visuals that give it the edge.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Bought it. Played it. Beat it. Loved it.

GameCube version.

The only category where the DC version was superior was music. In everything else, the GCN version outshone the original.

MrDaravon

Did anybody else play this only after it hit GC and wasn't that impressed? I'd heard people rave about it for years so I picked up the GC version and I wasn't floored at all. It had some interesting ideas, but so much of the game just screamed mediocrity. I liked it enough to finish it, but I have no inclination to ever play it again. Is this one of those games that people like because they liked it at the time it came out, but whenever people play it now they don't like it that much?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
At first, I only played maybe half an hour of it on the DC, never having owned the system myself. But I always wanted it. Didn't hesitate to pick it up on day 1 when it hit the GCN.

Top Bottom