• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to job listings Retro Studios is working on an unannounced title based on established IP

Doczu

Gold Member
Well technically they haven't announced the game after the shake-up and starting from (presumably) scratch, so it's MP4.

Puscifer

Well technically they haven't announced the game after the shake-up and starting from (presumably) scratch, so it's MP4.
That games basically going on a new nintendo console at this point, there's no way several years into development you can rescue a doomed project. Look at Dead Island 2 for instance, announced at the start of the previous gen, launching at the end of it and being ported to a new one.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Maybe Nintendo let them develop a game based on some of their abandoned IPs?

Wishful thinking I know, but in a world where Dragon's Dogma 2 is in development, you just have to believe.

Syzzx0L.gif

SaintALia

Was hoping they'd be working on new IP, but I'm guessing anything they've been cooking up these past years have not been greenlit. Well, I hope Metroid turns out well at least, tho I figure some of the key architects left already that worked on previous Metroid Games. Some left to make that Arkham 3DS game and that Xbox exclusive, and I've never heard from them again.

SaintALia

Maybe Nintendo let them develop a game based on some of their abandoned IPs?

Wishful thinking I know, but in a world where Dragon's Dogma 2 is in development, you just have to believe.

Syzzx0L.gif
Well Capcom had to do something with that Deep Down engine amirite?.....

Please let me be right....

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Well Capcom had to do something with that Deep Down engine amirite?.....

Please let me be right....
My bet is that they are using the RE Engine this time.

Also, have a look, they already have the character creation in place in Street Fighter 6, which also uses that engine. I can really see this as the character creator for DD2.

diffusionx

Gold Member
What the FUCK were they doing between Tropical Freeze and the MP4 reboot? It was like 5 years, enough time to make 1 game at least.

Aldric

Man what a waste. I remember during the first years of the Switch Retro's new game was my most anticipated title. When it became obvious whatever they worked on after Tropical Freeze had been canned I started getting really disappointed in Nintendo's first party output on the system. Retro are probably my favorite devs in the industry and seeing them run around aimlessly like headless chickens is painful. Apparently David Wise was working with them on that cancelled project too... Such a shame.

Top Bottom