• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 6: Spirit Of Justice coming this September to NA/EU, digital-only

ZeroX03

Banned
I hate to be THAT guy, but I would like to see an iOS port like AA5.

Ace Attorney really doesn't need buttons, and the higher res iPhone screens make the game look quite a bit better.

The trailer is already in high res. It's coming. You'll just have to wait a while.

Korigama

No physical release, again. What a surprise.

Will wait out a sale before bothering this time, even after liking AA5. Never got the impression that anyone other than a small, vocal segment of people who post online disliked Athena, though.

Will purchase immediately when it goes up, but I'll admit I'm still feeling rather ho hum about AA6: character cameo chronicles.

/Still bitter about the lack of Great Ace Attorney

MrBadger

Digital only isn't a surprise. But it also doesn't really bother me

Will purchase immediately when it goes up, but I'll admit I'm still feeling rather ho hum about AA6: character cameo chronicles.

/Still bitter about the lack of Great Ace Attorney

Yeah, I can see this entire game is just about the return of an old character, and the entire setting is based around that character. I'd much rather have DGS instead but a mediocre Ace Attorney is still better than the majority of games.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to this game now much more than I was when it was announced. I have a lot of concerns but there's also a handful of interesting stuff.

Makonero

Zero Time Dilemma in late June and then this in September. It's the Year of 3DS Visual Novels! Well, I wish it was. But still, two of my favorite series getting new games is a reason to celebrate!

I'm stoked this is coming west, and so soon! I guess they've been working on localization in conjuction with development.

Two points of whinery:
- I wish we would get Dai Gyakuten Saiban in the west.
- Those models look so good in high res. I hope we get another iOS port of this eventually too. Preferably android since that's what I roll with.

Great, I'm expecting this as it seems like it will reign in the handholding that made AA5 a lesser experience. I wonder how they will handle the entire two countries thing and the (inevitable) case that spans both territories.

AA5 spoiler:
Here is hope that Capcom give us a good villain again. The phantom was a dissapointment compared to Kristoph, to not say Dahlia or the AAI2 one. It was a novel idea, but it lacked the personal factor of previous people in the series. At least the reveal was great.

DRV3, ZE3 and AA6 in the same year is lovely.

Why the fuck is AA not PAL5 for Europe anymore?

In case anyone really did not notice: because the games became less localisation friendly. And I don't mean the plot elements, but random things such as voice acting, non-standard text etc. Granted, a lot of games have way more of that, but relatively strict format of earlier AAs must have tipped the scales for Capcom. When you have actual songs on FMVs instead of subtitled sampling, it's a certainly different situation.

"September"

Yeah!

"Digital-only"

KLlEnBX.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I think I need to replay these games because the plots of the old games get more and more hazy with each year that passes and it's hard to remember backstories beyond the major points.

Was that tease with Apollo and the buttterfly at the end of the trailer supposed to mean something? It maybe looked vaguely familiar, but I'm drawing a blank.

FluxWaveZ

I think I need to replay these games because the plots of the old games get more and more hazy with each year that passes and it's hard to remember backstories beyond the major points.

Was that tease with Apollo and the buttterfly at the end of the trailer supposed to mean something? It maybe looked vaguely familiar, but I'm drawing a blank.

It was a tease for the new prosecutor, Nayuta. Made more sense when that was in the Japanese trailer and we hadn't actually seen Nayuta.

Andrew J.

Nice. I didn't even think it would get a western release this year...I probably should have voted for it in the "most anticipated" thread.

MLH

A very reasonable price for digital only, will buy it day one.
Now localise Dai Gyakuten Saiban/ The Great Ace Attorney please! It looks so good!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
A very reasonable price for digital only, will buy it day one.
Now localise Dai Gyakuten Saiban/ The Great Ace Attorney please! It looks so good!

If that game gets localised it will be because Nintendo pays for it. I doubt very much that Capcom could afford to take a risk on such a niche game.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
It was a tease for the new prosecutor, Nayuta. Made more sense when that was in the Japanese trailer and we hadn't actually seen Nayuta.

Oh, hmm. Thanks! But Apollo made some comment about the past, right? I don't recall Apollo ever having any courtroom trauma. I guess he could be connected to the new prosecutor?

MLH

If that game gets localised it will be because Nintendo pays for it. I doubt very much that Capcom could afford to take a risk on such a niche game.

It seems odd they would consider Dai Gyakuten Saiban too risky when they're localising AA6, presumably they've determined from AA5 that this'll make some money that's why it's coming, but why not TGAA? We're the same audience wanting it (plus it has Sherlock Holmes whom is hugely popular at the moment).
I know one of the thoughts that passed through my head was the heavy Japanese culture references (which for some reason capcom is terribly afraid of exposing us to; with previous games completely changing the location to America), Naruhodō's hand raise in TGAA also looks like a Nazi salute, so maybe it was all too much for them and they decided it couldn't be blended into their bastardised version.
Like you said hopefully Nintendo picks it up, they need to flesh out their releases until, at least, March 2017.

Joqu

I think TGAA has more potential to reach a wider audience than AA6 ever could, but only if they were willing to push it. Capcom clearly isn't. Still a fucking shame they seemingly won't give it to us though, I'm convinced it'd do just as well as any Phoenix Wright title.

Lusankya

I think TGAA has more potential to reach a wider audience than AA6 ever could, but only if they were willing to push it. Capcom clearly isn't. Still a fucking shame they seemingly won't give it to us though, I'm convinced it'd do just as well as any Phoenix Wright title.

Well, it didn't in Japan. Was sadly among the worst selling AA games.

xzeldax3

Hell yeah, I'm so glad this is getting localized. Ever since Edgeworth 2 wasn't, I'm always scared of not getting any more localizations.

Thoraxes

Sad that it's digital only.

Okay with it only being $30. Also happy that it's September, holy shit so soon.

But fuck does it suck knowing that I'll never own a physical copy of this game. I'd pay like $200 for a physical version of it and 5. Anything.

Hopefully it hits iOS soon too where I can make my own backups.

I guess as long as the main series keeps getting localized I can't really complain.

Top Bottom