• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Lunar FC

Been interested in this series for years but only finally got the trilogy a couple nights ago. I've already completed The First Turnabout, and it seems I am nearly done with Turnabout Sisters. Really enjoying it so far, but I wish Mia wasn't killed so soon, I liked her. Also, April May is a real trip. 😅

Lusankya

Been interested in this series for years but only finally got the trilogy a couple nights ago. I've already completed The First Turnabout, and it seems I am nearly done with Turnabout Sisters. Really enjoying it so far, but I wish Mia wasn't killed so soon, I liked her. Also, April May is a real trip. 😅

Well, thanks to Maya's ability she will be around from time to time.

Lunar FC

But didn't you say you were as good as finished with case 2?

Ah, then maybe I'm not as close as I thought. Haven't talked to Redd White in court yet.

Edit: Finished the second the second episode, real enjoying this so far. What's everybody's favorite ep from the first game?

D-Man

Ah, then maybe I'm not as close as I thought. Haven't talked to Redd White in court yet.

Edit: Finished the second the second episode, real enjoying this so far. What's everybody's favorite ep from the first game?
Either the 4th or 5th case. Both are top tier cases and some of my favourite ones in the whole series.

1-5 (first game, case 5) is my favorite of the entire series. 1-4 is also amazing.

Groof

I forced my sister to play the first case of AA1. Now she won't give me my 3DS back. She's already on case 3!

Reminds me of when I first played AA1 through a friend's recommendation. Started playing midday, next thing I knew it was 3am. Just something about it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Phoenix and Apollo both shine in their own ways. Apollo is a bit more calculated than Phoenix is and seems to be a bit more serious as well, especially when we see his internal thoughts. Phoenix, on the other hand, is a total goofball. His AA3 flashback self is very much alive inside of him. What I LOVE about the new trilogy of games is how when we see Phoenix from an outside perspective, he is calm, composed, cool, and confident. Yet every time we are given a glimpse inside his head he's still doing his "fake it til you make it" deal. It cements him as the ultimate bluffer.

On the other hand, Apollo comes off as the goofier one to others, being afraid of heights, yelling to calm himself down, etc. They're different characters and playing as both of them makes them both shine more brightly.

Menitta

On case 3 of AA4. So far, I'm liking it much more than AA2. I thought Apollo wouldn't get as much character development based on what I've heard, but it's fine. I liked Case 2-4 way more than 2-2, and any case can be better than 2-3. I'm glad Psyche-locks are gone (for now at least) and all the forensics stuff is great!

Bowl0l

how many aa6 DLC are there and will there be a bundle?
i bought RE Revelation 2 Season Pass and Capcom did not discount any of the DLCs not included in the season pass after that....

Edited:
Ignore the question. I couldn't resist buying the DLC.

Shengar

Bingo.

Mentor and Hobo Wright is great but post trilogy Wright is ultimately bogged down by his confusing return to desperate super bluff man when the plot demands it.

Post-Trilogy Phoenix isn't expected to return into lawyering in the first place. Capcom should've stick to his mentor/hobo persona if they want to make him less confusing as it is today.

Menitta

They really changed a lot of the last trial of AA2 in the anime. I guess it was to make it shorter, but some of it didn't seem necessary. Like
replacing Lotta Hart with Larry.
Also,
some of the most intense moments of the case were toned down a bit. When Edgeworth finds the card, when he forces Andrews to talk, and when Franziska shows up.

It was still very good though. Now that the anime is done, I hope they do a Rise from the Ashes OVA.

I've watched the first two cases of that before jumping around to my favorite moments in the game and while I feel like an absolute asshole for this, I have to be honest and say these translations are very poor. All the respect in the world for the effort and charity behind this, especially since it's more than anyone else has put out so far, but some endeavors require more than just good intentions.

I've watched the first two cases of that before jumping around to my favorite moments in the game and while I feel like an absolute asshole for this, I have to be honest and say these translations are very poor. All the respect in the world for the effort and charity behind this, especially since it's more than anyone else has put out so far, but some endeavors require more than just good intentions.

That's a shame... but I'd rather not watch it on Youtube anyway. :/

Does anyone know if a fan translation patch is being worked on currently?

There is one being worked on at gbatemp. I think they joined with the FE Fates fan translation team.

Ehh the fe fates fan translation team has questionable ideas about what makes a good English translation how the AA games are translated is pretty polar opposite to what they strive for.

Menitta

Ehh the fe fates fan translation team has questionable ideas about what makes a good English translation how the AA games are translated is pretty polar opposite to what they strive for.

Yeah, it wasn't that great. They translated it, but didn't localize it (if that makes sense). Like FF Type 0 HD. That game's dialogue is...yeah...

Joqu

Unless this has changed since the last time I checked on the fan translation, which WAS a while ago, that's exactly what the DGS translation is shooting for, unfortunately. Really hope it works out :/

Not to beat a dead horse, but regarding DGS localization "issues", how accurate is this post?

I'm sure that not being a main series title and SoJ taking priority are factors as well, but this is pretty interesting.

Not to beat a dead horse, but regarding DGS localization "issues", how accurate is this post?

I'm sure that not being a main series title and SoJ taking priority are factors as well, but this is pretty interesting.

Sounds pretty accurate.

That is very interesting. DGS Case 4 has things that overlap with that list such as
John Garrideb is a witness and a copy of the book "The Lion's Mane" is a piece of evidence

What a shitshow. Because even if this could be released in Europe, we still wouldn't be able to import it to the states thanks to the 3DS's idiotic region lock.

i just grabbed AAI yesterday while getting dinner! i traded it in a long time ago but glad i got it back

Ay1TwWH.jpg

Menitta

I just finished Apollo Justice. That game is great. It doesn't have the best cases, but they're far from the worst. It's much better than Ace Attorney 2. Ema is awesome, again. Any time she shows up, she steals the game. Klavier is a cool prosecutor as well. He's no Edgeworth or Von Karma, but he's cool. The perceiving mechanic is awesome.

Overall, I give it a solid 8/10.

It certainly has the worst final case in the series, at least. I finished it and was like "...that's it?".

Yup. They had a great setup with Valant being a possible antagonist too, but they decided to not go down that route. I think it would've made for a better conclusion to have him and Kristoph working together.

Top Bottom