• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 4=PURE ACTION BLISS!

AssMan

Banned
I picked up AC4 for $20 and boy was the game well worth the price. Namco did an excellent job with the (few) cut scenes, and the anime like clip art scenes for the story telling added more presentation to the game. Now I can't wait for Ace Combat 5 and its cut scenes that follow the story! The music was great. The music in the final mission, Megotlith, was just great. Does anybody know the name of the song? And let's not forget about the graphics. Pretty much all the levels were photorealistic. Some were generic, but others, like the snow cap moutains looked spectacular. Let me just point out that this is the ONLY game i've ever played that I actually enjoyed watching the replay at the end of each mission.

So in summary this is one of the best action games on PS2 to date. I can't wait for AC5, and I ony wished Namco added online mode, but oh well. As EGM said, there might be online mode in AC6.

I totally agree!! Burnout 2 and Ace Combat IV have awesome replay modes! AC IV's is much better though!

I got the game some years back but I am still playing today! I just finished the Lifeline mission 20 mins back! :D

AssMan

Banned
Is Angus Dei a song from a famous composer? I checked Kazaa lite and just got a bunch of old, classical style songs.

Agnus Dei means "Lamb of God" in Latin. It is a part of the Catholic mass that is usually sung and the complete prayer is the following:

Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world: have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world: have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world: grant us peace.

There was also a lovely track entitled Agnus Dei in Homeworld early on, as you saw your planet burn.

WarPig

What impresses me about Ace Combat 4 is its sense of how to moderate its presentation. They smartly realized that less is definitely more when it comes to telling a story outside gameplay -- the cutscenes are nice and unobtrusive. And then in the mission itself, the sound design and scripting do a great job of combining the narrative with gameplay. You feel like all kinds of shit is happening around you, and it never takes you out of the action.

I'm interested and slightly apprehensive as far as that aspect of Ace Combat 5, because it seems like they're going back to more of the movie-like Wing Commander shit that didn't work so well in the Japanese Ace Combat 3. But wel'l see.

DFS.

dtrip

I just started to get back to playing Ace Combat 4, and I still enjoy playing it now as much as I did when I first got it.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Yes, I love AC4! The atmosphere is amazing, the action is tense, and the story is actually good. One of the best games for PS2.

Top Bottom