• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown ‘2nd Anniversary Update’ launches January 19, sales top 2.5 million

mcz117chief

Because it's worth it? 🤔😁
Eh, definitely bottom of the barel when it comes to Ace Combat games and I played almost all of them (except those old-ass mobile phone games and GameBoy game and a few outliers like that)

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
As an Ace Combat fan... I just didn't like this entry... not from a gameplay perspective... its hard to describe i just felt like I was playing a pretentious Kojima title without the charm.

Because it's worth it? 🤔😁
Maybe! I still need to try it out. It's on my wishlist for a long time now. I'll get it during the next sale. I don't know but it feels wrong to pay full price for a 2 year old game. It's not a Nintendo game to be stuck at full price forever, damnit!

Ma-Yuan

Maybe! I still need to try it out. It's on my wishlist for a long time now. I'll get it during the next sale. I don't know but it feels wrong to pay full price for a 2 year old game. It's not a Nintendo game to be stuck at full price forever, damnit!
I got the physical PS4 version for 10 Euro in a sale still had no time to give it a try though 😔

CC-Tron

Neo Member
The silent protagonist doesn't work for me in games of this type. Too much dialogue in the game from the NPCs to get away with it.

Rudius

The game is fantastic, a true Ace Combat. Listen to people who have played the game and the whole series.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nice. Those who crave more Ace Combat esque action instead of just more planes and skins and stuff should check out Project Wingman, an indie/fan made love letter to the series with surprisingly high production values, a lengthy story based campaign and a unique very replayable sandbox conquest mode on top, all for ~25.

Also VR support in all modes and full control customization, not just defaults for specific hotas models.

Last edited:
Top Bottom