• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ACK! Beta Band breaks up

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had one of the worst record deals in history. Even if they would've sold as many records as Britney Spears, they still wouldn't have been able to get out of debt. (I'll look for the story about this after I finish this post)

I think they'll regroup under a different name.

White Man

Yes, do not worry. We get them at Bumbershoot.

They're pretty decent live except for the whole 'we can't end our songs well' thingie. Also: they need a decent sound system. It's the nature of their music.

element

White Man said:
Yes, do not worry. We get them at Bumbershoot.

They're pretty decent live except for the whole 'we can't end our songs well' thingie. Also: they need a decent sound system. It's the nature of their music.
I saw them at the Showbox last time they were in Seattle. It was a pretty wicked show.
No openning act, so the DJ just jammed by himself for 20 minutes before the show started by mixing down the imperial march from star wars.
While playing most of their songs were synced to home made movies, which were awesome but super strange, one was them climbing up a mountain but it was filmed backwards.
they would take breaks between songs to have the audience watch one of their movies. it was pretty funny.
closing was awesome, they had the rapper who did the cover one 'One' which was pretty cool, but the lead singer then took a tarp off of something in the back which was another drum set and started jamming. so you had two drummers playing in sync with a rapper. it was pretty wicked.
oh, and they were all wearing white full body suits.

K... I know NOTHING about music, so I don't know shit about these guys. What are they like? Who do they sound like? I'd really like to know, thanks.

NO WAY!!!!

:( :( :(

BTW....Where can I get a copy of there live stuff. I went to their live show a few years back and it was one of the best shows I have been to.

Substance

I'll answer your question if you allow me to call you up as "Reporting for duty, Commander!" and you formalise the task I have to perform with numbered steps and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom