• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actor who will be in the Borderlands movie reveals that he broke up with his girlfriend so he could play Starfield all day

Draugoth

Gold Member

Actor and comedian Bobby Lee – who is in the upcoming Borderlands movie – recently broke up with his girlfriend, influencer Khalyla, and one of the reasons he gave was the imminent Starfield launch.

Bobby Lee and Khalyla split in July, as they announced on their joint podcast. Lee, who plays new character Larry in the Borderlands movie, joined podcaster Ryan Sickler for an interview and explained some of the reasons for the breakup.

One of the reasons Lee cites is that “Starfield is going to come out in about eight months” – possibly, especially if you believe fan theories. After explaining that it’s the next game from the creators of Fallout and Skyrim, Lee states that “I know when Starfield comes out I’m going to be playing that thing 16 hours a day.”

“I don’t want to be in a relationship where they’re like, ‘we’re going to the park,’
and I don’t want to do that,” he states. “If you want to go to the park with your friends, I’m all for that. From now on, I think like I’m just going to be alone.”

Draugoth

Gold Member
We don’t need threads on every stupid thing people

fetchimage

Quasicat

I can relate. I was engaged to a girl towards the end of college who told me that the video games were the first thing to go due to how much money I wasted on it. Dumped her right after that.
The funny thing is, she married a car nut who has a dedicated garage out back and a couple of classic cars he rebuilt. He has easily spent more on one of his cars than I have ever spent on gaming combined.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I can relate. I was engaged to a girl towards the end of college who told me that the video games were the first thing to go due to how much money I wasted on it. Dumped her right after that.
The funny thing is, she married a car nut who has a dedicated garage out back and a couple of classic cars he rebuilt. He has easily spent more on one of his cars than I have ever spent on gaming combined.
Yeah but you can sell those cars for a profit

april6e

Not really the main reason. His girlfriend manipulated him while he was going through drug problems to open their relationship so she could sleep around without permission. He was just joking on the podcast that he's relieved he's single again so he can game all day long without the drama.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Not really the main reason. His girlfriend manipulated him while he was going through drug problems to open their relationship so she could sleep around without permission. He was just joking on the podcast that he's relieved he's single again so he can game all day long without the drama.
Khalyla is hot, famous and from California. That's like.... the norm. She wants a steady income.... But also good D. Bobby Lee was not able to do that.

Don't they still live together and sleep in the same bed? Will surely end well

Crayon

Bobby Lee is a comedian and says all sorts of off the wall shit. Vidoe games is not why. They had a weird relationship.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
"SO WHO WILL IT BE, WILL IT BE THE XBOX, OR WILL IT BE ME?!?!"
"hmmmm..... uhh...."
*3 days later*
"cant wait for starfield!"

Fredrik

Maybe she likes cars? 🤷‍♂️

But it’s difficult to get this right, gaming and relationships, unfortunately I think it’s fairly common among those who don’t play games to think gaming is a waste of time and money. My experience at least. Finding someone who play games too makes life so much easier. Unless she tackle you off the couch because she wants to play on your PS5!

[Sigma]

I forgot all about him. I remember him now from MadTv, he wasn't one of the more funnier ones on there. I need to see what he's up to these days. Last I seen him in was Harold and Kumar I believe.

Last edited:

Hoppa

I fell off but I used to follow his podcasts Tigerbelly and Bad Friends during lockdown and they’ve talked quite a few times about how he games all night (mostly Call if Duty) then gets up in the afternoon. He’s a slob so this is not surprising.

supernova8

Banned
I mean I never found him funny. Maybe it's just not my type of humour. As for the girl... let's be honest she is attractive and probably could have married a much more attractive dude. If he thought he could get a drug addiction and she would stick around then.... joke's on him.

As an ugly dude dating/married to a relatively hot woman, you need to have everything (except looks) going for you otherwise what's the point? There's nothing sexist or shallow about it. That's how the world works and how the world has always worked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom