• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ahl_5am

Tain

The secret in ahl_5am is probably one of the coolest things I've seen in a game.

It's massive, disturbing, frustrating, and requires a crapload of teamwork.

ahl_5am is a map made for Action Half-Life, by a guy known as Hondo. Hondo has a thing for long secrets in his maps, but 5am takes the cake. It's a pretty fun map on its own, focusing on a city street and a hotel.

5am.jpg

Poke around the hotel for a bit, and you just might stumble accross this out-of-place room...

5am2.jpg

Even more searching, and the secret truly begins.

Players enter a giant clock.

5am3.jpg

Each hour of the clock is its own challenge, and all must be completed before getting to 5 AM. You'll be dodging turrets, riding a crystal car, and avoiding being smashed by a giant pear, among other things.

Nobody has progressed past 5 AM, and it certainly looks like its own puzzle more than an ending. I couldn't figure it out, even after looking at the map sources Hondo released.

If you'd like to try it, grab Action Half-Life. The latest version of the game doesn't include 5am, though older versions did.

http://tc.paing.com/downloads.php <- You can find 5am here. Yeah, it's on a TFC site, but it's still the original map, working with AHL.

Tain

There are some other maps, too, not all by Hondo.

I'm trying to solve the Battle Royale one now, but I'm not having much luck.

Tain

Alright, I'm changing the thread a bit. What other games have massive, drawn-out easter eggs?

(meh, I can't edit the thread title?)

Not terribly drawn out, but:

Sin had that bit in map mansion1 where you have to find two secret areas and a key to find the video monitor showing Elexis Sinclair masturbating in her hot tub.

Sin is filled with smaller examples of stuff like that; it was made back when the amount of extras you could pack into a map was a measure of quality.

Top Bottom