• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AJC: Huge investigative report on doctors and sexual assault

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the Atlanta Journal Constitution just released a huge, multi-story investigative piece on sexual misconduct committed by doctors. It focuses largely on how many doctors continue to practice even after being accused or found guilty of repeated assaults on patients. This report is apparently the product of over a year of investigation and will be updated with more stories throughout the rest of 2016.

This is some Spotlight priest abuse level shit, ya'll. They are not afraid to name and shame either.

Some of the reading may be disturbing and WILL be rage inducing. Be warned.

Full story is here.

kunonabi

Yeah, happened to my mother at the military hospital when she first moved the U.S. from Puerto Rico. They made her strip naked when all she had was a fever and they didn't even properly diagnose what she had. My dad was a colonel so hell was raised and they got what was coming to them.

I know of a case like this. The physician in question gave up their license in exchange for no jail time.

[edit] Looks like they did a huge data mining operation in order to find their cases for this story. I'd be curious to know if this particular physician is on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom